Old 07-17-2013, 07:58 PM   #121

Lone wolf, I believe Michael is a pretty busy guy but you might try and call him to get your answers.

Sherry

Old 07-17-2013, 08:14 PM   #122

Here are just SOME of the things we love about our Trilogy 3650RL:
LEDs inside and out
MCD shades and no fancy "silks" on the windows to obstruct our views
Our pantry
The fit and finishes - almost everything incredibly well thought out
The big side window over the stairs
2 AC's and two ceiling fans in living area
Exhaust fan above kitchen, Fantasric, with wall switch
Dimmers on many lights for effect we want (hate glaring lights)
The magnet that holds front door open instead of those dumb latches.
The fireplace on remote
Remote door lock (that only works when it feels like it though)
The comfy bed
The vast storage
The residential refrigerator
The remote awning, slides and level control (that works most of the time)
The outside LEDs that you can't miss the turn signals and even in LA the let you change lanes
The full body paint and 6 (?) gel coat layers.
The Samsung flat screens and blue ray's
The big desk drawer
Double awnings
Slide toppers
Was looking at pictures of the 2014 DRV's and they had almost identical features for a lot more $$$$ but I think they also had the Moreride IS and Goodyear H rated G614 or whatever they are plus a bigger frame I think.
All in all, we still feel this is the best and most beautiful rig for the money and weight.

Sherry

Old 07-17-2013, 08:37 PM   #123
Working the Life

Lone Wolf
I have contacted Mike a few times regarding issues and had quick responses each time. It is holiday season and he may be away. I was impressed on Mikes responses to me and feel he actually was concerned about the issues we had.
As far as the Trilogy goes, I d be hard pressed to recommend any 5th wheel other than the Trilogy. We looked hard for about 2 years and believed that these were the top of the line for the dollar range. I have now been in mine since early April and seen the full range of temperatures from -20 F to 100 F and have been comfortable the entire time.
There are a few items which need attention but they are all very minor. If you read the entire thread it will cover almost all the items.
If you want a 5th wheel that will turn heads then the Trilogy will do that. I've been from northern BC to Montana over the last few months and have yet to see another one in the RV Parks. These units are a great conversation starter and we have met some very wonderful people because of it.
Give Mike a chance to reply before you give up on the unit. After all your not buying Mike just a unit he represents. If all else fails, try one of the other reps.

KD

KD Nolte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 10:22 PM   #124
Working the Life

3800 or 3650

Just wondering???
What is the most popular model of those following this thread and why did you pick your particular model? The 3800 or the 3650?
We have the 3800DS and selected it for the split bath area and the solid paint scheme. The only difference between the RL and the DS is the how the bath is laid out. We felt the bath on the RL was too tight for the amount of time we spend in ours even though we are relatively small people.

KD

Old 07-25-2013, 06:38 PM   #125
Working the Life

Trilogy Factory Rep Contact info

Lone Wolf
I had sent Michael Babcock an email this week and was responded back by John Armstrong. His contact info is below. Hope this helps.

KD

John Armstrong
Customer Service Manager
Warranty Manager
Dynamax/Forest River
574-262-3474 Ext. 212
jarmstrong@forestriverinc.com

Old 07-25-2013, 11:12 PM   #126

KD, Seems to me, but I could easily be wrong, that more people choose the 3800 and we debated about it ourselves but choose the 3650. The basement area in the 3800 is awesome. We chose the "extra storage space instead of a 24" wide but long shower. Also appeared to us that the bdrm has extra storage/dresser space in the 3650. Just our preference, not for everybody. Turns out from comments that I've read that the pantry I drooled over in the 3800 isn't quite as useful as it looked. I do believe there is more countertop space in the 3800. If one wanted to boondocking the techma toilet is not your answer. We can go just three days. Yes the bathroom in ours is smaller, I would prefer a split bath but not at the expense of giving up that storage. We would never install a W/D in the closet. 1. I'd rather go to a laundramat or park laundry and get it all done in two hours. 2. It seems to mee you'd have moist clothes and loose at least 1/2 your hanging space to have W/D in your closet. 3 . You learn a lot about an area but chatting up the people in the laundry. ��

Just my thoughts. We're all different and have different preferences.

Sherry
Old 07-26-2013, 10:23 AM   #127
Working the Life

Sherry
Thanks for your comments.
Yes, it is all about balance. More storage or better living space? Also what looks good in the show room isn't always the best when we get our new units home. We were so impressed with the pantry when we first looked at the units but now feel it is not a good use of storage space. We ended up buying a lot of specialized containers to fit the shelves.
There were a lot of items in the 3650 that I really liked and was almost swayed to buy it over the 3800 but decided the split bath was more important than the other items.

KD

Old 07-26-2013, 02:39 PM   #128

Ok folks help me out here, programmed my linc wireless remote today but I will be darned if I can find the darned panel to sync to .........sooooo I will keep searching ,hopefully one of you can help me out .
Defiant530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 08:43 AM   #129

Mike left me a message last sat. said he would get on my questions mon. have not heard back. now looking very close at the lifestyle rvs.
Lone Wolf
Old 07-27-2013, 12:38 PM   #130

Defiant, could you be a little more specific? We're trying to figure out which remote you are talking about. There is a door remote and the other control for slide outs, awnings and front levelers. We know the receiverl for the door is inside the door but have no idea about the other or why you would need it to sync. Sorry we couldn't be more help.

Lone Wolf, the Lifestyles are good rigs too but they're not up to Trilogy in our opinion only. Don't know why you don't contact John Armstrong the C'S Manager. He's been pretty responsive when he's intown but if he's traveling ng, not so much.
Don't know for a fact, but suspect both guys are pretty overworked. All calls & emails should be answered w/in 24 hours. No excuse for not doing that.

Sherry