Old 11-17-2013, 11:00 PM   #171

Bless you free birds! We've been trying to think of a replacement for those useless swing shelves and you've provided a solution. Please, please post pictures when you get your new cupboard unit built. Thank you

Sue (sroarke)

Old 11-18-2013, 08:53 AM   #172

FreeBirds, although we changed the whole house water filter, and our Tecma toilet as been "adjusted" by two service techs, it does not hold water and with normal use we can only go 4 days without dumping. One tech said the sensor was probably bad. We are seriously thinking of replacing the entire toilet system.

As an aside, I had stated on an earlier post that we had our wheels "greased" shortly after we purchased it. I was confused, that was our last rig. DO get your wheel seals checked if you have the Lippert axels.

Sherry

Old 11-18-2013, 10:31 AM   #173
Tom & Gayle

After I replaced our filter it only lasted about three weeks until we started having a problem again. With those filter cartridges being very pricey. $39.00 each, I ended up taking the on board cartridge out and installing a whole house filter on the outside of the coach that uses a cheaper cartridge that lasts longer. Our tecma a toilet has been working great. Although we do also have to dump about every four days but I just assumed that was the norm for a 60 gallon tank. We previously had a motor home with a 90 gallon tank and with that we had to dump every 6 to 7 days.
Old 11-19-2013, 09:30 AM   #174

Seems like FR has no quality control at the factory. We are looking to sell our home and go full time. We have been looking at the big Trilogy but maybe we need to look at a different manufacture all together because of the quality control problems. Does anyone know if these problems are industry wide or just FR ?
Old 11-19-2013, 09:54 AM   #175

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryanJane View Post
Seems like FR has no quality control at the factory. We are looking to sell our home and go full time. We have been looking at the big Trilogy but maybe we need to look at a different manufacture all together because of the quality control problems. Does anyone know if these problems are industry wide or just FR ?
You can check all the different RV forums you will read problems with each brand. Maybe a little different depending on the manufacturer but you will always run into something. FR sells 1000's of units a year. It is one of the most owned RV or TT out their and it is really a pretty good bang for the buck........
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 09:05 PM   #176

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
You can check all the different RV forums you will read problems with each brand. Maybe a little different depending on the manufacturer but you will always run into something. FR sells 1000's of units a year. It is one of the most owned RV or TT out their and it is really a pretty good bang for the buck........
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryanJane View Post
Forest River corporate is not who you should be concerned about. When you make a purchase, for all intensive purposes, you are dealing with the individual subsidiary. Over the past two years, we have owned a Flagstaff which we traded after six months for a Columbus, and then the Columbus for a Trilogy last month. Each time we traded up primarily for space, options and quality. Flagstaff entry level but had no problems and no reason to deal with the factory or warranty department. Columbus - liked the floor plan, however, new model that they couldn’t make enough of and the quality/workmanship for many of the early units was poor. The biggest issue with Columbus/Palomino was trying to get parts from the factory. Documented lies and misrepresentations from the factory, it took three months to get the parts and only one day to complete the actual repairs at the shop. The Columbus factory cost us ½ the summer’s camping, nightmare experience, trust was lost and we decided to trade while we could get something out of our trade. While we would never consider a Palomino/Columbus, it did not deter us from FR…Trilogy. We have only camped three nights, but have been through our 3650RL completely, top to bottom. I can tell you that from a quality perspective, almost every aspect of this coach is different/superior. Construction and engineering differences are significantly better. Issues have been minor and yes you will have issues with any RV, any manufacturer. We looked hard at the Redwood and Mobile Suites and made the right choice with the Trilogy.
Old 11-20-2013, 12:12 AM   #177

Thanks for all the replies and helpful hints. We dump every four days and do not really mind that. When we dump we can see that the grinder is really working and are glad for it. It is the water level in the toilet we would like to change. We had an extra filter for drinking built into the kitchen sink area so we use very cheap filters on the whole house unit. I'll try changing the filter.

We still think our Trilogy is fantastic and like it much more than the 2014 Trilogy "Touring edition". There is only one ceiling fan, the window shades are not true MCD shades and several other items missing. In that unit, they do have pull out cupboard drawers that are similar to what my brother is building for us. (His Christmas present to us!!)

JD
"The Henley Condo"
freebirds2831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 12:19 AM   #178

Quote:
Originally Posted by sroarke View Post
Bless you free birds! We've been trying to think of a replacement for those useless swing shelves and you've provided a solution. Please, please post pictures when you get your new cupboard unit built. Thank you

Sue (sroarke)
Will do. However, you can look at the new Trilogy Touring edition and it has pull out drawers very similar to what we will be getting. I have to wait until Christmas to get mine.

JD
"The Henley Condo"
freebirds2831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 06:01 AM   #179

Update....I emailed FR yesterday and got a reply back very quickly from Michael Babcock whose title is Trilogy sales manager. Awhile later he called me and we went over my concerns on the items people are talking about on the forum. He was very helpful answering my questions and addressing my concerns and made me feel alot better about the one we are looking at. He even checked and told me where one was going to be shipped that was like the one we are interested in that is only a few hours away. Anyway he did settle a lot of questions i had and we are going to ahead and get a Trilogy as soon as our house sells. Thanks for the comments i received on here. Looking forward to hitting the road full time soon and maybe meeting some of y'all .
Old 11-20-2013, 06:47 AM   #180

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebirds2831 View Post
Thanks for all the replies and helpful hints. We dump every four days and do not really mind that. When we dump we can see that the grinder is really working and are glad for it. It is the water level in the toilet we would like to change. We had an extra filter for drinking built into the kitchen sink area so we use very cheap filters on the whole house unit. I'll try changing the filter.

We still think our Trilogy is fantastic and like it much more than the 2014 Trilogy "Touring edition". There is only one ceiling fan, the window shades are not true MCD shades and several other items missing. In that unit, they do have pull out cupboard drawers that are similar to what my brother is building for us. (His Christmas present to us!!)

JD
Agree completely regarding the “Touring Edition”. It would appear that Trilogy is attempting to hit a lower price point target by leaving off some to the standard extras of their regular coaches, I.E. quality tires (China Bombs on the one I saw), full body paint, interior trim, tile backsplash’ s etc., all the things that dew us to the 3650RL. Unfortunately for the consumer, at least for now, the dealer prices are not that much lower than the real deal units.