Old 11-20-2013, 07:28 AM   #181
WAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryanJane View Post
Seems like FR has no quality control at the factory. We are looking to sell our home and go full time. We have been looking at the big Trilogy but maybe we need to look at a different manufacture all together because of the quality control problems. Does anyone know if these problems are industry wide or just FR ?
I have to agree with you. I am in the market and am watching several forums. It's seems as though the same problems are occurring over and over with Trilogy, and the factory is not making the corrections to prevent them. I suggest you start following the mobile suite and redwood forums for starters and form your own opinion. That's what I am doing

Old 11-20-2013, 10:29 AM   #182

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAP View Post
I have to agree with you. I am in the market and am watching several forums. It's seems as though the same problems are occurring over and over with Trilogy, and the factory is not making the corrections to prevent them. I suggest you start following the mobile suite and redwood forums for starters and form your own opinion. That's what I am doing
Comparison shopping is a must. As far as the issues on the Forum, most are related to component issues such as those manufactured by Lippert. Unfortunately many are the same components that Redwood and Mobile Suites use.
When looking at the Mobile Suites, you will need to move up to the Elite Suites to match the options on the Trilogy, like a non-rubber roof. They are beautiful; however, are about 40% more in cost. You will also be pushing the upper towing limits for a one ton tow vehicle, as they are extremely heavy.
The Redwood does not come standard with a solid roof, not sure if they offer it as an option. Full body paint is an option at around $11,000. Be very careful on tires. The standard tires on the 2013, 3650RE I was looking at were within 150 pounds of their maximum capacity for a fully loaded coach, no margin for error and will likely have blowouts.

Old 11-20-2013, 12:37 PM   #183

Michael Babcock at Trilogy told me yesterday that they no longer used Lippert axles.
Old 11-20-2013, 02:46 PM   #184
Tom & Gayle

That sounds like good news. The bad need is ! I wish we would have waited 6 months before we purchased our new Trilogy.
Old 11-20-2013, 03:05 PM   #185
Tom & Gayle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomngayle View Post
That sounds like good news. The bad need is ! I wish we would have waited 6 months before we purchased our new Trilogy.
I apologize for auto correct. Meant to say bad news is.
Old 11-20-2013, 03:33 PM   #186

Quote:
Michael Babcock at Trilogy told me yesterday that they no longer used Lippert axles.
He didn't tell you dexter did he? They are part of lippert now and installing them on alot of the new units. Is what I have been told. It still is a lippert product. It was also in a report I read on the internet.
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 06:21 AM   #187

no i believe he said it was alcan or maybe alco i was having a hard time hearing and didnt ask him to repeat it sorry. i just sent him an email and
will post his answer when i get it.
Old 11-21-2013, 10:14 AM   #188

got an email back and the new axles are Alco
Old 11-21-2013, 01:07 PM   #189
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgray View Post
Be very careful on tires. The standard tires on the 2013, 3650RE I was looking at were within 150 pounds of their maximum capacity for a fully loaded coach, no margin for error and will likely have blowouts.
Is that GVWR? Or just the weight on the axles? Bear in mind that 15-25% of a fifth wheel's weight is carried by the truck and not the tires/axles.
Old 11-21-2013, 04:11 PM   #190

Quote:
got an email back and the new axles are Alco
Alko axles have been installed by FR in most of their units, they are torsion axles, but you might also have springs with them for that kinda of weight. More then likely you will also have the ultra lube they are great. They where engineered in Germany but are made in the USA. Some people like them and some don't. I know I can leave my coffee pot on the counter and it is still their when I get to the CG.......

Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is online now   Reply With Quote