Old 09-03-2012, 11:02 AM   #11

Weigh

Not yet as we just returned from the dealer. My wife had always asked me to weigh the Airstream and TV but it wasn't critical due to the ability of the GMC 2500 diesel. With this rig setup we will do it as soon as we go out on our next trip. Need to be more weight conscious especially since we plan a trip to Alaska.

Old 09-03-2012, 11:37 AM   #12

Post corrections!!!

Thanks for the great feedback on your Trilogy. Hope you continue to have success. We are a little closer to purchasing but not sure on the long bed dooley. Been told we should have no problem with a standard 3500 GMC. Have you had your unit weighed yet? I am looking a SRW as it will handle up to 4000 lbs. pin weight.
Again thanks.

Old 09-08-2012, 09:12 PM   #13

Weigh

We never weighed the AS as the TV was a beast. But we did have 4 blowouts in 5 years. This time we will weigh when we head out on our first trip. Max is 18k. Since it can hold a tremendous amount we will have to be more aware of what we put inside. As now there is a washer & dryer we will not have to pack so much clothes.
Old 09-08-2012, 09:27 PM   #14

Good luck with the air bed.......I have gone thru two air mattress in the last year and a half. I would rather have the switchblade, but thats just me. I'll give up comfort for dependability.
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 09:30 PM   #15

The Air mattress is more of a topper than an air mattress. Our daughter sleeps on it with or w/o the topper being blown up as the mattress has an innerspring. The switchblade by Flexsteel requires the bed to be made every night whereas the sofa bed just pulls out with the linen already on. Folds back in itself just not with the duvet.
Old 09-08-2012, 09:41 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaimemet View Post
The Air mattress is more of a topper than an air mattress. Our daughter sleeps on it with or w/o the topper being blown up as the mattress has an innerspring. The switchblade by Flexsteel requires the bed to be made every night whereas the sofa bed just pulls out with the linen already on. Folds back in itself just not with the duvet.
Wow.........sounds nicer that mine. I have to inflate mine to sleep on it. Couch has straps across the bottom ( when opened ) to support the air mattress.
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 10:15 PM   #17

Sofa Air Mattress

I had just returned from visiting my son in London and had slept nearly 2 weeks on a quality 2 layer air mattress. I weigh 300lbs. It was like sleeping on top of a beach ball! Every time you would move or turn over the beach ball would try to throw you off! I was surprised to see the type of mattress in the trilogy sofa bed. Our daughter is 17 and has downs syndrome. She travels with us always so it was important to have a comfortable solution. The more upper end MHs and 5vers really only accommodate a couple, the trilogy is expansive enough in this 3850 model to go on longer trips with 3 or 4. The Redwood offers a larger model with a spare room and DSuites. Of course you can get a Montana or Raptor with bunkhouses and sleep with your ATV with fold down porches but we were used to the quality in the Classic model Airstream and did not want to camp out ala Nascar weekend style. Oh yeh and those paint themes with the stripes as if you are a roaming Ringling Bros circus group. The Trilogy is subdued just a faded color of gray or brown progression.
Old 09-16-2012, 08:16 AM   #18

Just returned form the area of RV manufacturers. Visited the Cedar Creek plant and the Dynamax facility. We were impressed with both lines but the Trilogy is on top. It just has too many standard items to pass on. Cedar Creek coming out with some very good changes though.
Old 10-05-2012, 11:51 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoninKansas View Post
Anyone own one or know any others that have knowledge about these new 5th wheels? Looked at 2 units and they seem to be very well built. A little costly but nice features.

We looked one over at the Fall Detroit Camper Show. Looked good. Anybody have anything on real world useage?

Thanks.
2011 - GMC 3500 Dually
Cardinal RV Club
Travelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:56 AM   #20

My wife and I have been looking for approx a year. We bit the bullet last week and purchased a D3800Trilogy and we pick it up next Tuesday ( our 30th anniversary - coincidence, now I don't have to search for gift) we traded our 2001 Alpenlite and wanted something with same quality. We are looking forward to picking it up and I am sure we will have questions for those of you who already own one.