Old 11-21-2013, 04:55 PM   #191

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
He didn't tell you dexter did he? They are part of lippert now and installing them on alot of the new units. Is what I have been told. It still is a lippert product. It was also in a report I read on the internet.
Lippert purchased the frame division from Dexter several months ago but NOT the suspension components division.

Old 11-22-2013, 06:02 AM   #192

sounds like a good choice then. hopefully they dont have the problems they had with the lippert axles

Old 11-22-2013, 11:23 PM   #193

Our dealer got in one Redwood unit and it is such a bad model, this dealership is not going to carry Redwood. The sink looks like it belongs in an old timey wash room, the fridge was not residential, the walls were not solid like Trilogy and many other factors. We did not find a DRV floorplan that we liked.

All RVs made will have a few bugs that need repair. We totally believe the Trilogy is the best fiver for the money.

JD
"The Henley Condo"
freebirds2831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 09:46 PM   #194

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomngayle View Post
We had the same problem with the tecna toilet until I changed the on board water filter in the cargo bay. When the water pressure is low from a partially clogged filter the water level will not set correctly. I hope this works for you.
I have posted a new thread "Whole House Water Filter". Our Tecma now works correctly. Should have listened to you. But at this point our Trilogy was less than two months ago. Cannot imagine why the filter clogged so quickly. We have taken care of it now and can change it every month if necessary!!

Thanks for the advice. Wish we had done this way back when.

JD
"The Henley Condo"
Old 01-20-2014, 08:57 AM   #195
Tom & Gayle

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebirds2831 View Post
I have posted a new thread "Whole House Water Filter". Our Tecma now works correctly. Should have listened to you. But at this point our Trilogy was less than two months ago. Cannot imagine why the filter clogged so quickly. We have taken care of it now and can change it every month if necessary!!

Thanks for the advice. Wish we had done this way back when.

JD

You are welcome. Glad you got the problem fixed. I use the tecma toilet as a gauge now..When the water level in the toilet starts to drop I change the filter.
Old 01-20-2014, 05:53 PM   #196

That is funny because we had already decided to do the same thing - when the Tecma doesn't act right, new filter time. We (you and us) have a built in alarm system of when to change the filter ... lol

JD
"The Henley Condo"
Old 06-03-2014, 11:51 AM   #197

Has everyone been having no issues with their Trilogy as of late? I have been following this thread as a measure of what to keep an eye on. DW and I are considering a 2015 rear bunk model as a full time switch. I am very interested in the fire issues with the led's and the new axles - how are they holding up.
Old 06-03-2014, 12:14 PM   #198

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGAMO View Post
Has everyone been having no issues with their Trilogy as of late? I have been following this thread as a measure of what to keep an eye on. DW and I are considering a 2015 rear bunk model as a full time switch. I am very interested in the fire issues with the led's and the new axles - how are they holding up.

IMO, you will not be able to get an objective answer to your question. The 2015’s are brand new construction design and are very different structurally than the 2013 & 2014’s. The 15’s have gone to old school big box frame, just like the rest of the market. Gone are the rounded sides and composite roofs’, replaced with rubber. The design is so new that there are likely very few sold and on the road from which to get any meaningful feedback. They are new enough, that the website doesn’t even provide weights. It does indicate that they are coming standard now with only 7,000 pound axles, 8,000 pound are an option. Much of what once came as standard, are now options. In short, I would view this as a brand new fifth wheel design that might be prone to a few more bugs than normal, especially on the early production units, just like the early production 2013’s in the old style.
Old 06-03-2014, 12:22 PM   #199

the 2015 changes were made in late 2013 as was the design on the walls and roof. You mentioned structural difference? are you referring to the walls being wider and the roof not being fiberglass? that was done in late 2013 (December) production as well. I wasn't trying to be specific about model year - I was just making a general inquiry on the brand itself and the overall support for day to day issues from Dynamax. I have spent considerable time reading all the forums and blogs that are out there - and we have pretty much made up our minds, but have not yet pulled the trigger. so any and all updates will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any replies or info.
Old 06-03-2014, 12:33 PM   #200

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGAMO View Post
the 2015 changes were made in late 2013 as was the design on the walls and roof. You mentioned structural difference? are you referring to the walls being wider and the roof not being fiberglass? that was done in late 2013 (December) production as well. I wasn't trying to be specific about model year - I was just making a general inquiry on the brand itself and the overall support for day to day issues from Dynamax. I have spent considerable time reading all the forums and blogs that are out there - and we have pretty much made up our minds, but have not yet pulled the trigger. so any and all updates will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any replies or info.
Not sure where the information on structural changes being made came from, but it is not correct. See the link and pictures of the 2014's, they are the rounded designs. New and Used Dynamax Corp Fifth Wheel For Sale On RV Trader The big box structure began with the 2015's perhaps some late 2014's. When they went to the box design, that is when the roof's changed as well. Either way, the Trilogy is a great fifth wheel and you will likely be very happy.