Old 06-24-2014, 07:23 PM   #201

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGAMO View Post
Has everyone been having no issues with their Trilogy as of late? I have been following this thread as a measure of what to keep an eye on. DW and I are considering a 2015 rear bunk model as a full time switch. I am very interested in the fire issues with the led's and the new axles - how are they holding up.
This is my first post on this forum. Hello we bought ours last year in September 36RE. We were very happy with the inside and outside quaility of the fifth wheel. Unfortunately as I started looking closer we find many little things which I was fixing myself. First off when we picked up our unit they told us at the dealer they do not program the key fob ( which we cannot use even today) In January we decided we take a trip to California due to the cold winter in Alberta. When we arrived to the place our fridge would not cool. We called the dealer they give us the number to get hold of the factory service department. I called John Armstrong he promised us he will take care of our problem after a few days waiting I took it on myself and find a company who can fix our fridge. I called John he told me he will re embers the charge which he did. California is lot warmer then my side of the world but I was unhappy with the heat loss the furnace was working every 20 minutes through the night. When we come home I checked the underbelly there was no insulation much to my surprise.The only place they insulated whit a couple of bath of insulation where the thanks are. They have heat-rap on them which you can turn on in the control. We had an Avion before built by Fleetwood we traded this trailer in for the Trilogy. I lived in this trailer all winter when I was building cottages out in British Columbia in -20C the floor was always warm. This trailer Trilogy has so may features it's a very nice looking unit. If you looking for a full-time unit living in it you might have to spend extra $ to make it liveable in colder climate. Now we went to Montana for one week. It was raining all the way in Montana when we were coming home. When we came back we find water front of the island on the floor and road debris and our front led light strip started to burn on the outside corner it burn the paint just slightly. I contacted Dynamax about this, still no reply. We are generally happy with this unit as it has many items included for lot less $ then other high end trailers. We just frustrated not getting any help how to fix these issues. I'm a hands on person I can fix anything ( we fixed the squicky floor on the stairs and the bathroom and also insulated the underbelly now (it made a huge difference). We installed washer and dryer and fixed drawer slides (falling off)moldings on the curved stairs by the ceilings (coming loose no glue used by the factory). I spent one week fixing little things. I know every single trailer has it's own problems, (this is our 5th fifth wheel) so I'm not complaining I just like to fix things as it should be. We take pride in our trailers. I hope John will get back to us about the water on the floor and the the led strip lighting which worries me the most as it is a fire hazard. Overall this fifth wheel offers the most on the market today. If you willing to put some work into it you can make it perfect.

Old 06-24-2014, 08:37 PM   #202

Quote:
Originally Posted by ervinglobal View Post
This is my first post on this forum. Hello we bought ours last year in September 36RE. We were very happy with the inside and outside quaility of the fifth wheel. Unfortunately as I started looking closer we find many little things which I was fixing myself. First off when we picked up our unit they told us at the dealer they do not program the key fob ( which we cannot use even today) In January we decided we take a trip to California due to the cold winter in Alberta. When we arrived to the place our fridge would not cool. We called the dealer they give us the number to get hold of the factory service department. I called John Armstrong he promised us he will take care of our problem after a few days waiting I took it on myself and find a company who can fix our fridge. I called John he told me he will re embers the charge which he did. California is lot warmer then my side of the world but I was unhappy with the heat loss the furnace was working every 20 minutes through the night. When we come home I checked the underbelly there was no insulation much to my surprise.The only place they insulated whit a couple of bath of insulation where the thanks are. They have heat-rap on them which you can turn on in the control. We had an Avion before built by Fleetwood we traded this trailer in for the Trilogy. I lived in this trailer all winter when I was building cottages out in British Columbia in -20C the floor was always warm. This trailer Trilogy has so may features it's a very nice looking unit. If you looking for a full-time unit living in it you might have to spend extra $ to make it liveable in colder climate. Now we went to Montana for one week. It was raining all the way in Montana when we were coming home. When we came back we find water front of the island on the floor and road debris and our front led light strip started to burn on the outside corner it burn the paint just slightly. I contacted Dynamax about this, still no reply. We are generally happy with this unit as it has many items included for lot less $ then other high end trailers. We just frustrated not getting any help how to fix these issues. I'm a hands on person I can fix anything ( we fixed the squicky floor on the stairs and the bathroom and also insulated the underbelly now (it made a huge difference). We installed washer and dryer and fixed drawer slides (falling off)moldings on the curved stairs by the ceilings (coming loose no glue used by the factory). I spent one week fixing little things. I know every single trailer has it's own problems, (this is our 5th fifth wheel) so I'm not complaining I just like to fix things as it should be. We take pride in our trailers. I hope John will get back to us about the water on the floor and the the led strip lighting which worries me the most as it is a fire hazard. Overall this fifth wheel offers the most on the market today. If you willing to put some work into it you can make it perfect.

It is my understanding that Mr. Armstrong has moved on, I think to Lippert. His replacement is:

Matt Swihart
Customer Service Manager
Warranty & Parts Manager
Dynamax/Forest River
P:574-262-3474 Ext. 212
F:574-262-1436

What year is your Trilogy, 2014 or 2015? Rubber roof or fiberglass?

Old 06-24-2014, 09:01 PM   #203

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgray View Post
It is my understanding that Mr. Armstrong has moved on, I think to Lippert. His replacement is:

Matt Swihart
Customer Service Manager
Warranty & Parts Manager
Dynamax/Forest River
P:574-262-3474 Ext. 212
F:574-262-1436

What year is your Trilogy, 2014 or 2015? Rubber roof or fiberglass?
Mine is 2013 fiberglass. Why? Thanks for the upgrade of the service manager. Maybe that's why I have no replies I'm sending it still to John
Old 06-24-2014, 09:19 PM   #204

Quote:
Mine is 2013 fiberglass. Why? Thanks for the upgrade of the service manager. Maybe that's why I have no replies I'm sending it still to John
Asking about the year, more related to your leak. Was it a roof leak or other? If you have a 2013, isn't the model 3650 RL? I didn't think the 36RL came out until model year 2014.
Old 06-24-2014, 09:35 PM   #205

We had same problem with ours.when we took delivery of our trilogy they were supposed to install the generator and fix some small issues from our walk trough. They never had these issues taken care of so after our first week camping we brought it back to the dealer in Edmonton. They said they would deliver it to us for our inconvenience ,as we were 5 hours away. The day they delivered it to us it was raining very hard and I noticed the same thing there was water on the floor in front of the fridge/ island. I have not had a chance to look at this yet but I believe it may be water spraying from the tires getting around slide seal. At first I thought it was the fridge but the water was dirty like it came off the road like you said. I have towed it in the rain since then ( light rain) and kept the tires out of the ruts where the heavy water hangs up and have not had the same issue.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 06-24-2014, 10:10 PM   #206

We had the same problem. I think it's coming through under the slide as the slide pulled in the rubber seal goes back the other way and in some weather conditions the water finds the way inside.
Thanks for the info. I will investigate this more.
Cheers, Ervin
Old 06-24-2014, 10:27 PM   #207

We bought our Trilogy from Vision RV beside Jim the sales manager we had a bad experience. The sales rep don't know anything about he trailer. When we went to pick it up they told us they do not program key fob which has never worked from the start. The walk through was a joke. I know more about the trailer then the rep who turned it over to us. If they have this kind of knowledge when we pick it up it made me wonder how they going to service ours? They left all the glue on the front where they had the price sticker. I asked the lady why was that not taken off? She relied we told the sales not to glue anything on the trailer because we cannot remove the glue!! I come home with the trailer it took me 5 minutes to take it off with varsol. Just a total nightmare they did not explain how to turn on the main switch to the propane tank under the unit. After looking it the unit I figured out what goes where and why. She was showing us how well they cleaned the unit!!! I & my wife can do that if it is not very clean. When I had a question she asked out the tech to explain how it works I do not know how a dealer can employ people and not train them!!
Anyway we are happy with the unit including many things still outstanding but I will never let this dealer touch my trailer.
Old 06-24-2014, 10:36 PM   #208

[QUOTE=salexander;643088]We had same problem with ours.when we took delivery of our trilogy they were supposed to install the generator and fix some small issues from our walk trough. They never had these issues taken care of so after our first week camping we brought it back to the dealer in Edmonton. They said they would deliver it to us for our inconvenience ,as we were 5 hours away. The day they delivered it to us it was raining very hard and I noticed the same thing there was water on the floor in front of the fridge/ island. I have not had a chance to look at this yet but I believe it may be water spraying from the tires getting around slide seal. At first I thought it was the fridge but the water was dirty like it came off the road like you said. I have towed it in the rain since then ( light rain) and kept the tires out of the ruts where the heavy water hangs up and have not had the same issue.

Small world,
we also bought ours in Atcheson at Vision RV.
We had it ordered in late fall for spring delivery and we were pleasantly surprised regarding the PDI at the dealership, they did an excellent job. The only thing they missed was a small setscrew in the back of the kitchen faucet that was missing which keeps it from flopping around while driving. That is also where we found water on the floor when we took her home through a nasty snowstorm, as it turned out it came from the faucet which flung the water that was sitting in it's long neck all over the place. We never had any other issues. Ours was even waxed when we picked it up.
If you did have a leak under the kitchen slide it should be possible to detect doing a smoke test.
Cypressloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 10:51 PM   #209

Quote:
We bought our Trilogy from Vision RV beside Jim the sales manager we had a bad experience. The sales rep don't know anything about he trailer. When we went to pick it up they told us they do not program key fob which has never worked from the start. The walk through was a joke. I know more about the trailer then the rep who turned it over to us. If they have this kind of knowledge when we pick it up it made me wonder how they going to service ours? They left all the glue on the front where they had the price sticker. I asked the lady why was that not taken off? She relied we told the sales not to glue anything on the trailer because we cannot remove the glue!! I come home with the trailer it took me 5 minutes to take it off with varsol. Just a total nightmare they did not explain how to turn on the main switch to the propane tank under the unit. After looking it the unit I figured out what goes where and why. She was showing us how well they cleaned the unit!!! I & my wife can do that if it is not very clean. When I had a question she asked out the tech to explain how it works I do not know how a dealer can employ people and not train them!!
Anyway we are happy with the unit including many things still outstanding but I will never let this dealer touch my trailer.
I agree the sales people have no clue, we dealt with lets call him the guy with the hat, our trade in was a 2008 Royals International by Carriage, he bragged that he sold a dozen of them in one year. They never even built that many .
But overall the purchasing experience was very pleasant and I do not regret buying from them.
David, the shop manager did the walkthrough with us and I must say that he was very knowledgeable even though he was not familiar with the undermount propane tank but everything worked just fine from the get go.

Edit: They even let us spend the night behind their shop so they could address any issues if they would arise. The temps dropped to neg. 10C over night and I don't think the furnace ran more than it did in the Royals.
Cypressloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 11:34 PM   #210

Thumbs up

[QUOTE=Cypressloser;643158]
Quote:
Originally Posted by salexander View Post
We had same problem with ours.when we took delivery of our trilogy they were supposed to install the generator and fix some small issues from our walk trough. They never had these issues taken care of so after our first week camping we brought it back to the dealer in Edmonton. They said they would deliver it to us for our inconvenience ,as we were 5 hours away. The day they delivered it to us it was raining very hard and I noticed the same thing there was water on the floor in front of the fridge/ island. I have not had a chance to look at this yet but I believe it may be water spraying from the tires getting around slide seal. At first I thought it was the fridge but the water was dirty like it came off the road like you said. I have towed it in the rain since then ( light rain) and kept the tires out of the ruts where the heavy water hangs up and have not had the same issue.

Small world,
we also bought ours in Atcheson at Vision RV.
We had it ordered in late fall for spring delivery and we were pleasantly surprised regarding the PDI at the dealership, they did an excellent job. The only thing they missed was a small setscrew in the back of the kitchen faucet that was missing which keeps it from flopping around while driving. That is also where we found water on the floor when we took her home through a nasty snowstorm, as it turned out it came from the faucet which flung the water that was sitting in it's long neck all over the place. We never had any other issues. Ours was even waxed when we picked it up.
If you did have a leak under the kitchen slide it should be possible to detect doing a smoke test.
I'm happy to hear they improved their PDI when we bought ours mid September they had five Trilogy trailers for sale. Maybe they gain some experience. Our was shining too but she did not know how to operate the jacks which is just a very basic. So it took some time before we hooked up. After I looked it the manual when we got home it was easy to operate the hydraulic system. It's not just water it's dirt too so I know this is not from the faucet. Smoke test not do any good as the wind and pressure would also play a big roll how the water get inside under the slide. We have no problem when they slides are out. We tried the pressure test with pressure washer nothing come up so I'm clueless.
Thanks for your feedback it's always good to know more.