Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-05-2013, 06:48 PM   #141

Well, no new video on our web site , we were hoping to do an outside and mechanical video this weekend but the weather didn't co-operate very well , also we have been getting ready for our 1st garage sale to start cleaning out the house to prepare for sale early next year, hopefully we will get to it this weekend !
Old 08-05-2013, 06:54 PM   #142

Good luck on the sale. Amazing how much we accumulate over the years!
Lovely Wife and Son, two terriers, and Ringo the cat!
Masondood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 07:28 PM   #143

on the sale I hope everything goes well for you.
markmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 10:16 AM   #144

Does anyone have trouble adjusting the water temp in the shower? I turn it an nth degree and it goes either hot or cold, hard to get it just right. Guessing a simple adjustment might fix it?
Because we are stationary until September and I have the Keruig, paper towel holder and my kitchen utensil jug on our cooktop, I would have to move everything except Keruig to entertainment counter to use the recessed cooktop (which at first I thought I liked but find it a mildly annoying crumb catcher). On friiend's advice before we left, we purchased a Burton, induction single burner electric unit. I just put it on top of the cooktop covers and leave it there while stationary. It fits under the sink when we travel and it doesn't heat up the rig when cooking on hot days. Love it.
We are workamping in Western Washington where it's been very cool, many days overcast and so we use the heat pump in mornings and the fireplace until noon
many days and even all days on the cold damp ones, in addition to all the
lights to combat the gloom. The bathroom fan runs almost 24/7 as we like fresh air at night and pulls the air thru and we leave the TV on for the fur kids. On hot days we'll use the AC for several hours. I was very interested to learn that the entire month of electric usage was only $71.00! We think that's pretty efficient.

Sherry
WestWardHo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 12:21 PM   #145

Can't say we've had shower troubles. We tend to try and get it at the right temp and then instead of turning it off to rinse, I slide the shower head adjustment in between so it's just a dribble.
What a great idea on the induction single burner. I'm about to order one. Thanks a bunch.
We are currently in search of air conditioner covers for when we put her to bed this Fall. Harder than I thought due to the size issue.

Sue
sroarke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 05:09 PM   #146

Sherry, we have had no issue with the shower control , it works the same as our MH shower did, we found that it took some time after adjusting the handle for the water temp to change so only little adjustments were only needed to make it hotter or cooler, the controls seem to be sensitive in the Rv's for some reason.
The weather here in upstate NY has been fall like over the last 7 to 10 days, 70s during the day with low humidity and nights around 50 , definitely not August weather but not bad.
We hope your work camping adventure is going well, we have been continuing our home work on where we would like to be work camping when we hit the road next year, and our first garage sale will be next weekend to start thinning out the piles of stuff we no longer need, (we seem to have a lot ). Scott & Linda
Old 08-07-2013, 09:45 PM   #147

Scott & Linda,
I'm trying the tinyiest adjustment but it's hard for both of us to get it right. Much easier in our Big Country trade in.
Our workamping is going great here but we are experiencing both your fall weather and hitch itch! This has been good for us to get our feet under us and for house to close (yesterday, finally) but although we have a spring offer on the table, I'm not sure we want to sit that long again.

Enjoy your Trilogy. They are awesome!

Sherry
Old 08-19-2013, 09:22 PM   #148
Tom & Gayle

Picked up our 2013 3650RL Trilogy

We picked up our Trilogy 3650RL on July 10 at Lazy Days. Tony Burgess there is a fantastic salesman to work with. Let us say first we love it! it certainly attracts lots of attention too. Immediately we had some bugs to work out. We are currently at the factory in Elkhart. When our work is completed we will post more details but we wanted to post both an important one to watch for and several that the factory is aware of.Our LED lights on the front of the unit caught fire. According to the factory we are the 3rd unit they've had do this so possibly there is more? These are being replaced and the new units are getting a better light strip. We understand water gets into the end of the strip causing it to short out.
A light cover at the top of our steps falls with every trip so it went into the drawer. We understand this is common and can be fixed.
The first day in our unit we had rain and found our skylight was cracked. Lazy Days ordered a new one telling us each screw was tightened too far causing cracks. the factory is aware of this issue in some units so maybe check for that?
Like we said we had a list of small issues but after 3 weeks our rear air stopped working. That's our main reason for being at the factory.
Tomorrow we will take the tour with the Service Manager John.

We hope to be here just tomorrow but possibly it will be 2 days. We will post a list of issues we have and how the trip worked out.
Tomngayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 10:30 AM   #149

Tom & Gayle,

Thank you, thank you, thank you!! This is something we should all know!!! The only thing that frightens me living in our 5th wheel is fire! We had planned to go by the factory in the spring but we'll change our plans and head to the factory ASAP. The LED lights on the back awning stopped working the other day. DH figured rain or moisture here in Western WA shorted it out. Do you know if they have had any other LED issues yet? If they know of of three units with this problem shouldn't there be a recall?

Please keep us posted!

Sherry
Old 08-20-2013, 12:16 PM   #150
Tom & Gayle

Sherry
We will speak with John in a few minutes. It appears the replacements are the same lights.
Also Check your bedroom escape window. The travel blocks were not removed from ours so our window is now warped. I had complained about a gap in ours then another owner mentioned a problem with his so we checked ours. The installer should have taken the blocks out.
We will let you know our results with all of these issues.
This is the list we gave them this time:

Living room air doesn't work
Led lights caught fire
Check lights in awning
Check skylight
Recliner
Bedroom air runs water on bed
Light cover falls of
Window borders loose
Bathroom door gapped
Cupboard outlet is intermittent
Switch for ceiling fan
Ceiling fan speed
Bedroom closet door
Living room cupboard door
Old 08-20-2013, 12:22 PM   #151
Tom & Gayle

As I read this list it seems petty but some of those listed were addressed once already....and why a gap giving a view though the bathroom door? Just some issues the factory could improve on
Old 08-20-2013, 02:18 PM   #152
WAP

That's a pretty big list for a unit that has an MSRP of over $100k. The Trilogy is at the top of my list, but maybe I need to rethink that.
WAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 08:32 PM   #153
Tom & Gayle

WAP most of these are very minor things. We are finishing up tomorrow.
The air conditioner guy came. The minor problem was from the Coleman factory. He says the fan wasn't properly placed causing it to slip stopping the unit from cooling.
The bathroom door was corrected by placing a nicely installed wood bumper at the back side of the door. Still there was a gap so we moved the track at the bottom with our foot and the space closed.
John is adding a couple of features they started installing after ours was made.
The tour was interesting. On the line right now is several floor plans of the Touring model. The took out the 99 gallon propane tank, one of the ceiling fans, etc to reduce the price. John says these should be around $20,000.00 less
WAP don't reject the idea yet....we are so comfy. The lights are my biggest concern....that little strip of lights :/.
Old 08-21-2013, 09:07 AM   #154
Tom & Gayle

Sherry,
John just mentioned he would probably need to start sending out lights to Trilogy owners.
I have to say John is making sure the employees are not slacking on what thy are doing.
Old 08-21-2013, 08:16 PM   #155

Tom & Gayle,
Thanks for all your posts. Not sure how sending out the same lights to owners will solve the problem if fire was caused. Good to know he's riding the builders to do it right. Sincerely believe these are beautiful units and love how the factory is standing behind the. We are changing our plans to go back thru factory even though our rig is only 4 months in our hands. Is yours a 2013? Too bad they are taking out those ceiling fans, we love ours and our feelings is they should go up and not down! How's your insulation? Our exit window in bdrm just fine we did have some light covers missing but got them replaced at Guaranty in Junction City, OR at no charge to us. Trilogy backed us up all the way.

Sherry

Sherry
Old 08-21-2013, 08:48 PM   #156
Tom & Gayle

Sherry, The ceiling fans they are removing are in the Touring model to reduce the price for the consumer. They will still make the line we have. Ours is 2013. We are very pleased.
Ok...heres the end result from our visit to the Dynamax factory:
The tour was very informative. They were building the Touring model which has features removed such as the air bag on hitch,a ceiling fan, 99 galling propane tank etc to reduce the rate. John says probably will reduce the price by about $20,000.00. The floor plans are very nice. John is very knowledgable.
As trilogies came in we realized how much changes within a few months as these units are built. Trilogy black tanks are thicker gauge than average and sit on angel iron brackets.
There is no manual for Trilogy.
One unit was in and the work not done properly...actually poorly. The owners understood that the lady doing the work was fired. Instead the supervisor came with her to redo the work, supervise and train her.
John was adamant that everything be done satisfactorily. Several things he had added or suggested such as adding a battery tray which wasn't standard when ours was built.
A house on premises was made available to rest, stay cool, do laundry or use the kitchen.
the Living room air was not working. An outside air guy was called in. He says Coleman didn't install the fan properly causing it to slip down the shaft on the air conditioner causing it to not work. It's working fine now. Also the vents under the stairway was allowing air into the under area. John suggested to us this could be a problem and had them close the area.
Led lights caught fire. John says we are the 3rd unit to have this. Ours were replaced. We still aren't sure we have the new replacements but John promised they are. Another couple came in for service after we made our appointment. John changed their lights although they weren't aware of the need. He also told us he would need to send lights out as word gets around about the fire.
Our indoor steps were creaking. The dealership said it was caused by the drawer and nothing could be done. Dynamax fixed it for us.
Our new skylight is fine and employees have been retrained in installation.
Our Recliner was adjusted and works fine.
I asked if something could be done to make the entry steps easier to fold and unfold while maintaining safety. That was taken care of. No I can do the steps while Tom does his thing.
Bedroom air runs water on bed. This was taken care of
Light cover in hallway falls when we travel. This was corrected.
Window borders were loose and corrected.
Bathroom door gapped. A nicely finished wood strip was applied to the back edge of the door. With a tap to the track on the floor it's perfect.
Cupboard outlet is intermittent and was fine while we are here.
Switch for ceiling fan was not tight and dropping wood shavings. Two others we talked with had the same issue. We no longer have the mess after traveling but the switch isn't flush. No biggie
Bedroom closet door was my fault. I was locking it improperly
Living room, cupboard door had been adjusted at the dealer and needed readjusted. It's fine
I didn't place the refrigerator lock bolt when they pulled our unit into the service bay. The bolt was in place when it came back. When we were leaving today I was puzzled to have 2 lock bolts in my drawer. Another owner was with me and said theirs was replaced because the one we had was not long enough. I very much appreciate the company adding or correcting anything they are aware if.
So we need to say this was a good experience. John is determined to do a good job and keeps customers happy.
Hopefully our bugs are worked out. As I mentioned before much of our list was minor bugs which can be expected just as in a new house . At least we know Dynamax customer service is outstanding.
Surely things will come to mind after I post. So much happened in the last 2 days. If that happens I will add any info that would be helpful to anyone.
Old 08-24-2013, 09:44 AM   #157

Tom & Gayle,

Hope all is done and well with your rig now? We need to go to SD in Sept and have decided we will continue on to Elkhart to go to factory and have them fix up things!

Sherry
Old 08-24-2013, 12:53 PM   #158
Tom & Gayle

Sherry, yes things seem to be going well. I recommend a trip to the factory. As I mentioned they corrected things the dealer said cant be corrected I.e. squeaky step. Also threw in a few things they had corrected or updated. John is a fine man o work with. Anxious to hear about your visit.
Gayle
Old 08-25-2013, 04:47 PM   #159

We also have to have the shower skylight replaced, I will contacting John in the next couple of weeks... I am hoping that I can have the replacement done at a local Forrest River dealer instead of having to go back to the factory, that is really the only issue that we have had to date.
I have been doing little things to improve on things I didn't like from the factory, its not like I have spent much money to make some improvements but I do like doing it as it gets me more familiar with all of the aspects of our rig, heck I would do the skylight myself if it wasn't under warranty !
When we had our class A the counter on the kitchen slide was cracked in 2 places and the dealer was going to replace it as part of the deal I stood right with the tech doing the install and actually told him how I wanted it done as the cracks were caused from stress from the factory install and there was no give or cushion for the counter , after the new counter was installed the way I wanted we had no issues. Maybe I overstepped the line but it was obvious what needed to be done.
So I guess my point is get to know your rig inside and out , many issues are an easy fix and doing things yourself and being able to take your time you will do a better job than many of the techs will do , and you will save some of that hard earned cash !
Old 08-25-2013, 07:41 PM   #160
Tom & Gayle

I agree many are an easy fix which we normally would do but we had an air conditioner out and had a fire. Our local dealer couldn't get us in until sometime in September then would repair when parts came in. We already had been a six hour trip once to a dealer and we have an October deadline to be back down south so the factory was the most logical. We had a list because John asked for one. They already are aware of issues and have worked out the fixes. I guess everyone has to decide how it works best for them. We had a life threatening illness this spring and recovery is slow so for us it's about as few trips as possible.