Old 05-02-2014, 10:02 PM   #11
Tom & Gayle

Sherry,

I am sad to hear you are giving up on Trilogy.. I know the feeling. We had a number of problems with ours also..We are working with a few more issues now. We had ours in 3 times now for air conditioners dripping water.. After much reading of forums, I think I fixed the problem myself..I blocked off about 3/4 of the area under the steps that let's conditioned air going to the under belly
Which caused a large volume of air transfer which caused the air conditioners to freeze up in this hot humid air in Florida. I. Know I will have to reverse the process when I need to use the gas heat..

We are also fighting a leak in the side wall of the bedroom adjacent to the Thermostat. We had in to Lazy days in Fl, the dealer from which we purchased a few weeks back and they thought it was caused by the awning bracket bolts needing sealed..we'll this week in the heavy rains in the Fl panhandle it leaked worse than ever. On our way back to Ohio next week we have an appointment in Al to have it looked at again. If we doesn't get it fixed there we are heading straight to Dynamax in Indiana

After all the problems I still feel the Trilogy is a quality constructed unit. We also get a lot of good comments on the beauty of our rig. It is sad that they built a quality unit but used a lot of sub standard components in the process. The lippert under carriage and axle assembly was probably one of the biggest blunder..With all of the problems with Lippert axles I am praying that there will be a recall on that some day. Unfortunately it will probably take someone to get hurt before that happens. We had our weighed recently just to be sure we were running within the weight limits of the unit. I would recommend every Trilogy owner to do that. After burning up an axle on our way down this fall. I keep a close eye on the whole running gear..

As for now we are going to stick with the Trilogy and continue to work with the Dynamax / Forest river CSM to get all of the problems resolved..

We wish you the best of luck and please keep us advised on your progress.

Tomngayle

Old 05-04-2014, 03:39 PM   #12

TomnGayle,

Totally agree with you about the Lippert issues. Two weeks ago when we were having new tires installed the tech said, "you better take a look at this your springs are shot!" That was another two week delay and I have a paper trail with Lippert that is extensive. The techs who replaced the springs said in their opinion the springs were way to light for the size of our rigs and when Lippert sent new ones the also sent new back plates, wrong size of course.
We were scheduled at MorRyde to start work on 5/12 but I seriously doubt that we'll make that because of this fire issue repair. I will say that Matt at Forest River Warranty took immediate action and arranged for priority rig repair in nearby Knoxville. We'll be towed there Monday.
At the Rally we attended this week we were able to talk to lots of experts and see a ton of different types of RV's. We learned a lot. Fortunately for them there was a great couple that also attended who had our same rig. We were able to share a lot with them and the wife taped off the exterior light switch so it isn't even accidentally turned on. ��

Sherry

Old 05-05-2014, 02:43 PM   #13

I contacted Matt at Trilogy and asked about my 2014. He indicated the 2014 has the newest solution to the fire hazard. Good to hear they did take action, but agree they need a recall.

So sorry to see the damage on your Trilogy.

John
2014 Dynamax Trilogy 3850RL - South Hampton Interior, Full Body Paint (Black / Silver / White), MOR/ryde Independent Suspension, MOR/ryde Disc Brakes, ONAN 5500 Generator, Progressive Industries HW50C w/Dual Display, Winegard HD Dish w/DirecTV, Washer & Dryer, iSprings 7-stage Reverse Osmosis Water Filter, Trail-Air Flex Air Pin Box, Third AC installed, AC Voltage/Amp Meters, DC Amp Meter, Garnett See Level Tank Sensors, TST 507 TPMS
Retired USAF - Full Timers!
John Hagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 02:47 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestWardHo View Post
Last week it was completely shot springs on our 1 year old rig. Thank goodness we caught it before we hit the Louisiana highways as they are washboards and that huge storm was following us. Can't help but wonder what would have happened if we had not installed new, bigger tires and it was the tire mounter who caught that issue.

Sherry
We ordered our Trilogy with the MOR/ryde suspension and disc brakes. I had a 2008 Cedar Creek that had suspension issues like you are describing. I took the Creek to MOR/ryde and had the suspension and disc brakes put on. The difference was night and day.

Wanted to make sure I had it done right this time, that's why I ordered it before it was delivered. If you get it on yours, you will love it. Honest...

John
2014 Dynamax Trilogy 3850RL - South Hampton Interior, Full Body Paint (Black / Silver / White), MOR/ryde Independent Suspension, MOR/ryde Disc Brakes, ONAN 5500 Generator, Progressive Industries HW50C w/Dual Display, Winegard HD Dish w/DirecTV, Washer & Dryer, iSprings 7-stage Reverse Osmosis Water Filter, Trail-Air Flex Air Pin Box, Third AC installed, AC Voltage/Amp Meters, DC Amp Meter, Garnett See Level Tank Sensors, TST 507 TPMS
Old 05-05-2014, 08:43 PM   #15

John we also have a 2014 , we are still being wary on the front LED issue at this point , I would prefer there would be a recall and replacement and I plan to trace back to the fuse block and the switch to see what size fuse is installed (Jessie "WestWardHo" ) and I talked while we were at the rally about the fire and wondered why the fuse didn't pop when the LED shorted
Defiant530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 07:52 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiant530 View Post
John we also have a 2014 , we are still being wary on the front LED issue at this point , I would prefer there would be a recall and replacement and I plan to trace back to the fuse block and the switch to see what size fuse is installed (Jessie "WestWardHo" ) and I talked while we were at the rally about the fire and wondered why the fuse didn't pop when the LED shorted
As someone who has worked in electronics for the last 40+ years, this is not an uncommon sight. Seems too common that the fuse or circuit breaker is the last to go. Using wiring of the wrong size (too thin) allows wires to self destruct before the fuse. Also, many times you find a wrong size fuse protecting a circuit.

Good idea on tracing it back. I may do that on mine as well to see what all is operational on that circuit. My guess is it includes all of the outside LEDs for the nose, awnings, scare lights, and porch light.

John
Old 05-06-2014, 09:58 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiant530 View Post
I am also concerned about wiring. If the whole issue I that water was in the lights, at the wiring end, what happens when the outside coating deteriorates and water gets in that way? More fires?
I just received new lights because after 2 years, mine had dry rot and would anticipate that condition will happen again over time…what then?
Old 05-06-2014, 09:06 PM   #18

We looked at 2014's and 2015's on the dealer's lot here in Knoxville while we're in for repair. There is a definite difference between the original lights on ours and the newer ones.
Matt Swihart has seen that we're well taken care of.
Please just pass on info to other Trilogy owners that you see on the road. We met a guy in New Mexico who had an original one and he doesn't use the Internet.

Sherry
Old 05-07-2014, 11:47 AM   #19

Sent from my SM-N900T using Forest River Forums mobile app
Old 05-07-2014, 11:57 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by trilogy View Post

Sent from my SM-N900T using Forest River Forums mobile app
Huh?