Old 05-07-2014, 10:25 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by trilogy View Post

Sent from my SM-N900T using Forest River Forums mobile app
I agree - huh?? This is the second posting I have seen this on.

As for giving up on the Trilogy, we have had several minor problems but our dealer has taken care of everything. Our microwave, however, has lost the convection ability. This will be the second time it has happened and will be the second replacement microwave. We hope to work with the dealer to replace with a GE even if we have to pay something out of pocket.

We still really like our Trilogy.

"The Henley Condo"
freebirds2831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 07:46 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebirds2831 View Post
I agree - huh?? This is the second posting I have seen this on.

As for giving up on the Trilogy, we have had several minor problems but our dealer has taken care of everything. Our microwave, however, has lost the convection ability. This will be the second time it has happened and will be the second replacement microwave. We hope to work with the dealer to replace with a GE even if we have to pay something out of pocket.

We still really like our Trilogy.

We bought our 3650 RL, in October 2013, and have had no reason to take it back to the dealer for servicing…knock on wood. All issues minor and easily reparable by us:
· Dry rotted cap lights
· Broken fender support
· Scratched spare tire wheel (discovered by dealer and replaced)
· New refrigerator lock
· Touch up paint for a couple of minor scratches
No other issues and we have camped approximately 45-60 days.

Old 05-08-2014, 12:00 PM   #23

I'm back to loving our Trilogy. Matt Swihart at Trilogy was awesome in getting this resolved quickly for us. The newer lights were installed yesterday and they look great. We're still
apprehensive about leaving them on when we're not right there though. Fire scares us!

Sherry
Old 05-08-2014, 02:25 PM   #24
Tom & Gayle

Sherry,
Wonderful news! If you can? I would like to have a photo of your new lights. The lights they replaced after our fire looked exactly like the old ones. In fact the tech that replaced them said they were the same thing, but John Armstrong disagreed with him and assured us we were safe with this set. Ours are starting to show a little weathering already..Like you, very Leary to leave them on and walk away.
Old 05-08-2014, 05:52 PM   #25

TomnGayle,
Having trouble signing into PhotoBucket to post photo of new lights. If you PM me your email, I'll be happy to send picture do new lights.

Copied and pasted per Matt Seihart at Trilogy: Sherry,

I have not heard back if there will be a recall or not, but at this point, if a customer calls me and wants them changed, I will supply the lights to them at no charge.

Sherry
Old 06-03-2014, 01:39 PM   #26

Any updates on this issue, or have there not been any additional problems since the new lights? I have looked at a few used Trilogy's and a few new ones and the led lights appear to be the same. Is there anyone here whom can inform us what the actual difference is other than a different supplier of possibly the same strip?
Old 06-03-2014, 02:31 PM   #27

Our Trilogy is a 2014 model built date: early 2014, SN 0439
I emailed Dynamax CS a few weeks ago and asked this question, within 5 minutes Matt Swihart answered my mail:

John,
I can understand your concern for that issue, it is not one to take lightly. Your unit has the most current revision of those lights and should not be a problem.

Matt Swihart
Customer Service Manager
Warranty & Parts Manager
Dynamax/Forest River

He also included phone and fax number, but I am not sure if it would be appropriate to post them here. The LED's are cool.

The build quality is excellent. We really love our Trilogy, the only issue sofar is that the inverter for the fridge shut down twice due to low voltage. We have a 1300 Amp/h battery bank and I have to check the length and gauge of the cable to the inverter since we have a voltage drop of 0.6Volts between batteries and inverter. They installed the batteries below the cargo compartment and from there to the inverter right above the generator is quite a stretch, I'll figure it out.
Cypressloser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 02:35 PM   #28

were you able to differentiate the differences between the led strips? Also what kind of inverter is that? is it the 1800 or the 1000?
Old 06-03-2014, 03:24 PM   #29

Don't know the difference between "1st generation and 2nd generation" LED's.
We have the 1800 Watt inverter, I will probably find out what's going on when I check the wiring. Battery Voltage is around 12.8 - 13 V across the bank and the inverter shows 12.2 - 12.3 Volt incoming. I don't want to put blame on anybody at this point and it 'only' turned off twice when I wasn't around.
Cypressloser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 03:29 PM   #30

yea 10-4 thanks for the update. This is of concern to me as I am trying to determine feasibility of using the residential fridge. if it doesn't look like the inverter will support the load. that may be a problem.