Old 06-03-2014, 04:05 PM   #31

I don't think it is the inverter, I have not measured it yet but I believe there is at least 6' -8' of wiring between the batteries and the inverter and maybe, just maybe the voltage loss is to high for the inverter to be able to produce 110Volt ac when the fridge compressor starts up. Our trailer came with 1 battery from the factory then the dealer installed two 6 Volt AGM's and a local battery/solar shop installed 4 more and our solar setup. So, maybe someone replaced the wiring to inverter but I won't be able to figure that out before tomorrow night.
I have 12.8V - 13.0V across the battery bank but only 12.2V - 12.3V entering the inverter, the shutdown happens at 11.8V at the inverter. I don't think it is a battery or inverter issue it is probably wiring related.
Edit: The res. fridge is a lot more reliable than the Norcold, use the money you safe on the fridge and install solar panels and upgrade the batteries. With our setup we do not need shore power or generator unless we want to use the oven or AC.

Cypressloser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 04:10 PM   #32

OK thanks for the information - sounds like a great setup - That is what I am considering doing. just gathering info right now. using 6 - 6 volt batteries ought to give you plenty of time on that fridge. You may be correct - some of the wiring might have been replaced when they rewired for the 6x6 - with the additional weight that the 6 batteries have do you have any issues with the reduced capacity for other things? I was considering 2 large golf cart batteries.

Old 06-03-2014, 04:21 PM   #33

Good catch,
the batteries weigh in at ~75# a piece plus 3 solar panels, washer and dryer and generator, it does reduce the weight carrying capacity a lot but we are not fulltimers and choose carefully what ballast we want to bring - and yes I do know my weights.
Old 06-03-2014, 04:24 PM   #34

Have you had any frame flexing around the hitch box or other areas? and how long does that enable you to run?
Old 06-03-2014, 04:34 PM   #35

No, the TrailAir pin box would absorb most of the road bounce if there was any. I can post my weights later but I don't have them here right now.
Old 06-03-2014, 10:36 PM   #36

I think we jacked this thread Cypress. Hopefully we will get some input on more fire info from the led's
Old 06-24-2014, 09:34 PM   #37
Tom & Gayle

Less than a year ago, Dynamax replaced the front LED lights on our 3650 RL after they caught fire. The replacement light set was the same type and design we had originally. Westwardho sent me a pic or their new and improved LED light replacement after their recent fire. I just got around to E mailing Mat Swihart to see if I could get a set of the new type lights. I E mailed Matt yesterday morning and the new set of lights arrived at my door this afternoon. I can't say enough about Matt Swihart and Dynamax/Forrest River Customer Service.
Tom
Old 06-24-2014, 09:48 PM   #38

Hi tom would you have Matt's email address there were a few items missing from out trailer when we bought it.( Linc remote, tractioner's for the awnings,light shade ,broken door latch) I have called the dealer and can't get any satisfaction.actually had it in for 7 days to have these repairs done and they never fixed any of them. Called them to ask if they could send me the parts as we are 5 hours away and they said I would have to bring it in. I am so fed up with them I will buy the parts and fix it myself. Matt might be able to put me in touch with someone I can order them from
Thanks
Scott

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 06-24-2014, 10:07 PM   #39
Tom & Gayle

MSwihart@forestriverinc.com
Good luck. If you are able, a trip to Dynamax at Elkhart IN will take care of all your problems.. They have full hook up sites for customer service delays. Plus factory tours.
Old 06-24-2014, 10:11 PM   #40

Thank you. Yes I would love to take a trip to the factory. Unfortunately it may not happen till next Year. Would love to see how they build them.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums