Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-20-2017, 04:38 PM   #1

Trilogy Mach 8 Failure Questions

I am interested in trying to figure out why we have been so lucky with our Mach 8’s on our 2013 Trilogy.
Who besides John Hagen and Kwoodrg, have suffered blower wheel failure?

For those that have suffered a failure:
· Year and model of your Trilogy
· Approximately how many nights a year on average do you camp?
· Types of climate?
Anything else that may be material in causing your failure?
lgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 10:15 PM   #2

We are full time. 2014 Trilogy 3850RL serial number 409. Spend most of the summer in Oklahoma with 95+ degree days for weeks on end. All three ACs run about 18 hours per day, but do cycle. We leave them set around 74.

I have had a total of four (4) failures so far. One on each of the units and a second failure on the middle unit. I have one spare plastic and one spare metal blower wheel available. The next one to fail gets replaced with the metal one.

I have seen on other forums folks are having same issue.

No rhyme or reason that I can figure as to why they fail. Mike Dickey from AirXcel says it is because the AC units are tightened down too tight, they bind and then fail. I don't agree. I measured my clearance on all three factory installed ACs and they are within Mike's specs.

Cheap plastic trying to fill the job of metal.

John
2014 Dynamax Trilogy 3850RL - South Hampton Interior, Full Body Paint (Black / Silver / White), MOR/ryde Independent Suspension, MOR/ryde Disc Brakes, ONAN 5500 Generator, Progressive Industries HW50C w/Dual Display, Winegard HD Dish w/DirecTV, Washer & Dryer, iSprings 7-stage Reverse Osmosis Water Filter, Trail-Air Flex Air Pin Box, Third AC installed, AC Voltage/Amp Meters, DC Amp Meter, Garnett See Level Tank Sensors, TST 507 TPMS
Retired USAF - Full Timers!
John Hagen is offline   Reply With Quote