Old 06-01-2015, 08:46 PM   #1

Trilogy Modifications

There are other threads on the forum for mods, however I thought it would be a good idea to start one for the Trilogy. There are not a lot of owners of these units so any mods may be helpful to someone else. So I'll start.

I removed the KW1 filter system and replaced it with a dual canister system from The RV Filter Store. What a difference it made, the flow went from 2.5 gpm to better than 5 gpm. I have also heard about the horror stories of filter failures within RV basements, so I'm also installing a Honeywell water leak detector and alarm. Hopefully this will provide an early warning.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	234.4 KB
ID:	78775  

mcnabbwr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 01:32 PM   #2

Great job, Bill. We use a water softener, so I filter prior to the water coming in our 37FB. I plan on removing the filter and putting in a bypass.

Not much of a mod, but when I'm done, I'll post a pic.

Old 06-02-2015, 07:48 PM   #3

Has anyone insulated under the floor in the bedroom/bathroom? I'm talking about when you open the 2 baggage doors and look up at the floor joists. I'm thinking of putting insulation between the joists and then covering.
Old 06-02-2015, 08:09 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper7 View Post
Has anyone insulated under the floor in the bedroom/bathroom? I'm talking about when you open the 2 baggage doors and look up at the floor joists. I'm thinking of putting insulation between the joists and then covering.
Interesting idea, I haven't considered doing it. I wonder if the benefit would make it worth while. Guess I'm going to check temperature differences between basement and bedroom.
Old 06-02-2015, 08:17 PM   #5

I know some manufacturers build their fifth wheel that way
Old 06-11-2015, 11:47 AM   #6

Added USB and 12 volt plug outlets along with volt meter to the basement storage. Now we can charge devices while enjoying the outdoors.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	640.0 KB
ID:	79624  
Old 06-12-2015, 06:07 AM   #7

the charging station is a great idea. where did you get it?
Old 06-12-2015, 08:24 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryanJane View Post
the charging station is a great idea. where did you get it?
I purchased it from Amazon, but I would thing most auto parts or marine stores would have something like it. Here is the link to mine.

http://www.amazon.com/Astra-Depot-Fu...e+lighter+plug
Old 06-21-2015, 08:54 PM   #9

Today, I switched out the fantastic fan smoke vent lids with the white double lids and then installed Ultra Breeze covers. I also put 4" Eternabond all the way around the fantastic fans as well as the shower skylight. Keeps me from having to recaulk. Tomorrow, I'm going to place insulation inside the shower skylight and then put a cover over the bottom part of the skylight in the shower. It makes it like there is no skylight there at all and just the ceiling. If I would have ordered a trailer, that skylight would have been omitted. Much more to come.
Old 06-22-2015, 07:49 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper7 View Post
Today, I switched out the fantastic fan smoke vent lids with the white double lids and then installed Ultra Breeze covers. I also put 4" Eternabond all the way around the fantastic fans as well as the shower skylight. Keeps me from having to recaulk. Tomorrow, I'm going to place insulation inside the shower skylight and then put a cover over the bottom part of the skylight in the shower. It makes it like there is no skylight there at all and just the ceiling. If I would have ordered a trailer, that skylight would have been omitted. Much more to come.
It worked so well, we did the same on our 2.5 x 4 skylights on our home, same results.

As I posted on another thread, I used Reflectix on my Trilogy and Winnebago Aspect shower skylights. On the Trilogy it slides nicely in-between the frame and clear part of the skylight. The advantage with Reflectix is that it will reflect the rays back out and because the clear bottom layer of the skylight it rounded, the Reflectix then provides additional R factor. It will add R factor whenever there is a gap between the two surfaces. We no longer close the bathroom doors because of the heat. It is waterproof and will not mold.

Tags
cat, modifications