Old 05-15-2015, 07:24 AM   #1

Trilogy shopping

Even though they are no longer being made we are looking at the ones still for sale brand new out there. So my question is would you still buy one? I did speak to a former rep from there and he said the factory still stands 100% behind them which is a good thing as most dealers that still have them are farther then the factory from us. He gave me the old song & dance that any Forest River dealer will work on them but we all know what really goes on. Thanks for any info or help.

Old 05-15-2015, 08:00 AM   #2

Before we bought our Trilogy we spent over a year looking at different makes and models. The Trilogy offered as standard features what most manufacturers offered as options. The 2015 models changed that with a large list of options that were standard in the 2014 and prior. Also the body style changed in 2015 eliminating what we would call the sleekness and going to straight sides and corners. I would replace ours with another Trilogy if something happened providing I could find a 2014 model.

mcnabbwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 08:11 AM   #3

I have never returned to my selling dealer, the factory has never blinked at authorizing repairs from another facility. I would think that FR and Trilogy would like to keep their options open to possbily get back into the high-end fifth wheel market at a later date. Taking care of existing owners is a good way to ensure that.

Keep in mind, the models changed in 2015, from the rounded style with fiberglass roofs to the big box frames with rubber roofs. They also started to charge as options what came standard in the 2013 & 2014 models.
Old 05-15-2015, 08:28 AM   #4

I did to answer your question, I would also buy another 2013 or 2014, absent those two years, the only thing comparable in the market would be a Mobile Suite.
Old 05-15-2015, 08:32 AM   #5

We did like the older model ones but if I can get a great deal on a newer one I do think we will go with it.
Old 05-15-2015, 08:40 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblr View Post
We did like the older model ones but if I can get a great deal on a newer one I do think we will go with it.
If you get a great deal, go for it. You can always add any options it didn't come with to make it your own. Good luck.
mcnabbwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 09:55 AM   #7

Quote:
Even though they are no longer being made we are looking at the ones still for sale brand new out there. So my question is would you still buy one? I did speak to a former rep from there and he said the factory still stands 100% behind them which is a good thing as most dealers that still have them are farther then the factory from us. He gave me the old song & dance that any Forest River dealer will work on them but we all know what really goes on. Thanks for any info or help.
We "downgraded" from a Royals International and couldn't be happier. We had a few minor issues we wanted fixed before the warranty expired, so I contacted the selling dealer who got in touch with Dynamax who had a local Forest River dealer contact me, I haven't seen this level of customer support in a long time.
In a nutshell, If they ever pick up production again I will be the first in line for another Trilogy.
Cypressloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 10:12 AM   #8

Quote:
Rennie,

Anne-Marie and I walked through the Trilogy they had on display at Goshen last year. We were impressed! I was sad to hear that Trilogy was discontinued (did Dynamax give any reason why?) With the towable segment of the RV industry exploding--especially in the high-end, I am mystified why they would D/C such a fine rig.

Knowing you and your abilities AND knowing Forest River's repair policy (and the free maintenance you can get at Goshen ) I say go for it! Which floorplan are you and Beth considering? Anne-Marie and I really liked the 38RL that was on display last year!

Are you planning on getting you new rig before Goshen this year?
Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 2014 - 42 2015 - 56 Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 11:01 AM   #9

Even though we had a serious suspension issue on our 2014, I could not have asked for better support from Dynamax. Mark Quinn was terrific in responding to our questions and getting us parts for other minor issues. With that said, I would have to think long and hard about another purchase. While Dynamax makes an outstanding Super C Class coach, there are too many issues with their 5th wheel products in my opinion.

Unfortunately the reality of the RV manufacturing industry is poor quality control and cheap parts. Seems no matter what you pay for one, there are quality issues. Makes me wonder why I keep buying. I would never accept this type of work product from Ford, GM or Dodge.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 05-15-2015, 11:23 AM   #10

We purchased used. And we knew that we were buying an orphan. But like the others, we researched for a long time and found that Trilogy is the best bang for the buck. We love ours. And we would look for another if in the market again. But not a 2015. The fiberglass roof is important to us.

So far our interaction with customer service has been excellent.