Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-26-2014, 11:53 PM   #1
Working the Life

Trilogy Warranty Issues_Comparison

We have a 2013 3800 D3 that we took delivery of in March 2013 and had a few items that needed to be addressed from the PDI and our initial walk through.
To date we have had what we believe to be more than an acceptable number of issues. We are curious if we have more issues than other owners?

Issues to Date:
Drawer and Cabinet latches breaking at random: Incorrect attachment screws
Recliner Backs torn: shipped with out being secured
Table Top scratched
Lino in Bathroom cut beyond furnace vent opening:
Shower Door Track not sealed:Silicone not installed along track
Lino in Kitchen damaged from Slides rubbing: Slides not adjusted properly
Flooring near bedroom closet loose:
Bedroom slide creeps in: Suspect Hydraulic leak in valve body, Still not resolved
Loose wood trim various locations
Sound Bar fell out during travel: Only held in place with Velcro
Cabinet Door by Entertainment area split:
Stove burners won't ignite using stove igniter:
Exterior Light under Stairs not working:
Exterior light on Road side not working:
Roof membrane cracking and fractured:
Steps installed unlevel:
Main awning arm collapsed:Bent at side cut out.
Shower Skylight cracked: Incorrect Screw tightness.
Unit lacked low point water drains:
Lack of Winterization connection:
Fresh Water Tank supports broke and tank fell trough skirt:
Recliner back, wood supports split in two:
Entrance Door Window seal leaking water into unit.
Satellite Cable not properly connected to jack in Utility Garage:
Paint peeling around front garage door where Diamond Shield installed:

I would like to hear from others if you have had as many issues as this or have you had more:
Don't get me wrong I still love my unit but the issues are getting to be a bit of pain.

KD Nolte

KD Nolte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 05:45 PM   #2

We have a 2013, 3650 RL, was a late 2012 production, #202 and took ownership October 2013. We are seasonal users, probably camped 40 days. I am sure there are issues we have not detected yet, but so far:
Bad front LED lights
Fender bracing broken
Scratched spare wheel (dealer find)
Cracked bath skylight (fixed before PDI, thanks to Forum)
Leaky Fridge filter
Fridge lock not long enough doesn’t catch
Leak hallway window by stairs
Bad front hydraulic jack
Squeaky bedroom floorboard by closet
Leaky shower needs silicone.
Flat bottom cushion (popped?) on one recliner – knew they were not of great quality, will eventually replace.
The factory and Lippert were great and authorized repairs for jack and window leak, at a local non-selling dealer. I will take care of the rest.
As you have suggested, I cannot find a site for any fifth wheel where there are not issues. I quickly get over my frustration when comparing the extras that came standard on the 2013 Trilogy's and some of the 2014 models, with the only other fifth wheel that offers them, the DRV Elite Suites that have MSRP’s from $165,000 to $200,000.
lgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 11:22 PM   #3

I went to the factory to have my list worked. They fixed most of it. Some of it was not resolved. Here is the list of what I gave to the factory to be fixed:
1. Main Air Conditioner will not cool camper better than 10 degree differential of outside temperature. Literature says it will go to 70 degrees when 100 outside. (See Attached). Bedroom air conditioner works great!

2. The carpet for the bedroom slide, at the forward end, was wet after traveling through a rain storm.

3. Water pump vibrates, is loud, and intermittently inoperative. Just won’t work then suddenly starts working (tank was full, tank was about 30% full, tank was 55% full). It is currently inoperative again.

4. The Microwave/Convection Oven vents to the inside. When cooking in the summer, it causes the camper temperature to go off scale hot which discourages us from using the oven. Please vent to the outside.

5. Dryer door is nearly impossible to open. Door is located away from the customer and leverage is nearly impossible to obtain to open the door. Dryer door hinged on wrong side.

6. Kitchen slide makes extremely loud noise when extending and retracting.

7. Kitchen Linoleum is bubbled between stairs and the kitchen island. Happened during heater operation during the winter months.

8. Kitchen water (cold & hot) is initially very HOT during winter when the water is used after the heater has been running.

9. Trailer Brakes are slow to activate and is almost always causing a TRAILER DISCONNECTED message to appear on truck warning system. These are the MOR/ryde disc brakes on MOR/ryde axles. Truck integrated controller is set at maximum gain – no help. Did not have this issue with previous trailer using same MOR/ryde braking system. MOR/ryde added the CAM16, no help.

10. Kitchen slide allows road debris/water/etc. to enter from underneath when traveling down the road. Leaves quite a mess in the kitchen when traveling in rain or construction zones.

11. Belly Insulation seems to be nonexistent. Camper water almost always freezes up when outside temperatures are below freezing. Dealer performed some work by insulating pipes and moving water pump but did not cure the issue. Did not have this problem with Cedar Creek 5th wheel in Nebraska for a couple of weeks of sub-freezing winter weather. Cedar Creek had batting under belly the entire length of the camper.

12. Bedroom closet clothes rod repeatedly pulls out of the ceiling and falls when traveling down the road. I believe the dryer rocks side to side and this causes the failure. Makes marks on ceiling & wall.

13. Main awning is tilted down toward the front of the camper when extended.

14. Main awning will not fully retract into the stowed position.

15. Main awning wobbles at both ends when extended and retracted.

16. Main awning very noisy when extending/retracting.

17. Main awning LED wiring from the camper to the awning is hanging loose.

18. Living room awning wobbles at both ends when extended and retracted.

19. Living room awning LED wiring from the camper to the awning is hanging loose and exposed from behind the forward vertical mounting bracket.

20. Paint peeling off on the lower aft corner for the bedroom slide. Started during first road trip when traveling through a rain storm.

21. Door entry electric lock intermittently inoperative. Does not illuminate.

22. Recliner seat backs seem to be going flat. Couch cushions holding up well.

23. 110v receptacle in basement (curb side) for outdoor TV loose and plate keeps falling off.

24. Kitchen Cabinet Door finish is bubbling

25. Carpet behind recliners is bunched up along the curbside wall, behind the recliners.

26. Left scare light is inoperative.

27. Street side compartment door near front of camper droops and is difficult to close.

28. LED lights built into bedroom slide above head of bed are slightly illuminated with switch off.

29. Range top is black but should have been stainless steel. We ordered stainless steel.

30. Compartment Door Seals on most doors are protruding at the hinges, which is okay, but they are tearing and it looks bad. Can they be refitted and trimmed?

31. Both rear side windows will not stay open. Mechanism does not lock them in place and allows them to fall

32. Left Pantry door rubs on island drawers when traveling down road causing wear marks on door.

33. Right pantry door appears to be bowed in the middle when comparing it to the left door.

34. Bathroom floor makes flexing noise as you step on the floor near the door.

35. Can the generator panel circuit breaker box, mounted at the front of the compartment, be moved to the back or side of the compartment?

36. Living Room air conditioner drips water on carpet

37. Left rear side blind fell out on floor.

38. Dead bolt on door will not lock when electric lock is activated. Hard to manually lock.

39. Front door has to be slammed to close securely.

40. Remote controls for TV/CD/DVD will not transmit through wooden doors.
Some of it could be called nitpicking but since I was at the factory I figured it would be better to list everything.

Items 35-40 I resolved before arriving at the factory.

I detailed some of my experience in another message and can be found HERE.

John
2014 Dynamax Trilogy 3850RL - South Hampton Interior, Full Body Paint (Black / Silver / White), MOR/ryde Independent Suspension, MOR/ryde Disc Brakes, ONAN 5500 Generator, Progressive Industries HW50C w/Dual Display, Winegard HD Dish w/DirecTV, Washer & Dryer, iSprings 7-stage Reverse Osmosis Water Filter, Trail-Air Flex Air Pin Box, Third AC installed, AC Voltage/Amp Meters, DC Amp Meter, Garnett See Level Tank Sensors, TST 507 TPMS
Retired USAF - Full Timers!
John Hagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 11:27 PM   #4

We don't have as many problems as you all do but our brakes were inop when we received the coach. Since limpert (spelled correctly IMO) changed their parts policy, I had to front the $700+ for the parts before they would ship them.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Marks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 02:53 AM   #5

Marks, I like that "limpert" Just wondering what you mean about there parts policy? Is your unit in warranty or out?

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 10:49 AM   #6

Wow, hopefully you get your money back on the brakes. I still say if you can swing the cash, better to get the MOR/ryde disc brakes. They work like a dream and a whole lot more reliable than the Limpert (I like that too ) ones...

John
2014 Dynamax Trilogy 3850RL - South Hampton Interior, Full Body Paint (Black / Silver / White), MOR/ryde Independent Suspension, MOR/ryde Disc Brakes, ONAN 5500 Generator, Progressive Industries HW50C w/Dual Display, Winegard HD Dish w/DirecTV, Washer & Dryer, iSprings 7-stage Reverse Osmosis Water Filter, Trail-Air Flex Air Pin Box, Third AC installed, AC Voltage/Amp Meters, DC Amp Meter, Garnett See Level Tank Sensors, TST 507 TPMS
Retired USAF - Full Timers!
John Hagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 11:52 AM   #7

At some point, limpert decided they will not ship warranty parts unless they are paid for. Once they get the bad parts back, they inspect them and at their discretion, reimburse you for the parts and shipping. On one hand I can understand but, on the other it annoys me. As we all know, annoy always trumps understanding.

I would like to have disc brakes just so I could say I had them. However, I pull with a class 8 tractor so I really don't feel the trailer anyway. My truck weighs as much as my fully loaded trailer.

Old 11-02-2014, 01:35 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marks View Post
At some point, limpert decided they will not ship warranty parts unless they are paid for. Once they get the bad parts back, they inspect them and at their discretion, reimburse you for the parts and shipping. On one hand I can understand but, on the other it annoys me. As we all know, annoy always trumps understanding.

I would like to have disc brakes just so I could say I had them. However, I pull with a class 8 tractor so I really don't feel the trailer anyway. My truck weighs as much as my fully loaded trailer.

Okay got it now you where going to do the work it sounds like? But sure would like to see a picture of your rig with the class 8 tractor how about posting it if you got one?

Old 11-02-2014, 10:16 AM   #9

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1414940682.337739.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	309.6 KB
ID:	65752
I don't like this picture because the trailer makes my truck look big

I have a local guy, professional, that is in the RV business. Limp**** makes everyone, even camping world, pay up front. I think they have so many warranty issues that they can't afford to do business in an ethical way. I guess when you are the biggest, you can make whatever junk you want to peddle to the industry.

Old 11-02-2014, 10:30 AM   #10

Now that's a tow vehicle. Sure it can carry your pin weight?..

Old 11-02-2014, 10:59 AM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

I think I saw you at twin groves campground in pa in may (I still had my zinger back then).
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 12:07 PM   #12

Yes your truck is big
gauchoverde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 01:29 PM   #13

I'm thinking of naming the truck, "compensation". I haven't been to PA with it as an RV. A couple of years ago I hauled produce into that neck-o-the-woods. I think it can handle the pin weight. If I carry some extra canned goods, they go in the front of the trailer. I'm actually designing the bed with some extra weight toward the back to get some extra weight on the drive axles. I'm going to remove the front drive axle and move the fuel tanks back to right in front of the last drive axle. As she sits she weighs more than the trailer fully loaded. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1414952860.371091.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	646.7 KB
ID:	65760

You can see the auto adjuster poking its nose out in this picture. You can tell how new it was by how clean the back of the wheel is. Limpwrist is my favorite company. You can tell, huh?

Tags
warranty