Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-03-2018, 05:10 PM   #1

Trilogy weird propane flow issue

Hi...I sold a 2013 Trilogy 3850 to folks in BC. They set it up and have no propane flow to the stove...but the water heater and furnace work perfectly fine. They've tried for 30 minutes to get the stove to light....there's just no propane flow to the stove. Does the stove have some sort of it's own solenoid to allow flow? I had all three burners going three days ago but after the transport trip no flow to the stove...weird. Any ideas? Remember the water heater and furnace are getting flow.
Thx!! John
rvinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 10:46 PM   #2

When you say stove, you mean stove top burner or the stove's oven?

When you say wouldn't light, by what method? Piezo ignitors are known to not be 100% reliable. Have you tried to light the the gas stove top burners with a match or lighter? Can you hear or smell gas when a gas valve is turned on? Put a small piece of tissue next to a burner and see if gas glow causes it to move.

The stove top burner's have manual gas control valves to regulator gas flow and output.

I would check to see if there is an inline valve that was turned off. I would check to see the propane connection to the stove and make sure everything is ok there too.
Skyliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 11:00 PM   #3

Thx for your reply but yeah there is just no propane flow at the stove top burners.
They see good spark and also tried matches.
Old 05-03-2018, 11:09 PM   #4

Weird one. Pull it out and chase the propane lines backwards.

I'd disconnect the fitting at the stove connection and see if you can smell/see/feel/hear gas coming out of it. If so, then you have an obstruction somewhere in the stove gas plumbing. The propane gas line to stove should be under the stove top.

Is the stove on a slide? Folks have had flexible lines kink, get pinched, or rupture from repeated movement in/out on a slide

Just found a range service manual online for an atwood stove. I guess they have a built in pressure regulator in them. Not sure why as the propane is regulated at the tank. Find the parts manual for your stove and that could your issue if you have good propane flow at the propane feed line to the stove.
Skyliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 06:36 AM   #5

Check for a spyder web?
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 08:06 AM   #6

Thx all...they are 5 hours away so I guess we'll have to send an RV tech over to see them.
Old 05-04-2018, 08:32 AM   #7

We used to have a Trilogy 3650 RL.

It can take up to 2 minutes for the gas to reach the stove since the burners only have a fraction of the capacity of the water heater or the furnace.
Do you (or the new owners) smell the presence of gas?
A pinched or kinked line is very possible with the way the supply lines are secured under the slideout.
Cypressloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 08:40 AM   #8
Pickin', Campin', Mason

If the stove is in a slide, we've seen reports of the mechanism that holds the flexible propane line have issues and kink the line.

Also as mentioned sometimes it takes a while to bleed the air at the stove.
On my unit, the stove and refrigerator are the farthermost from the tank. It's not uncommon to have to bleed for a minute, with all three burners wide open, to get propane to them.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
propane