Old 08-04-2016, 11:01 AM   #1
Two Thumbs Up! MorRyde IS w/Kodiak 4Wheel Disc Upgrade

After discussing my concerns with several of you, reading about very premature failures from too many of you, and doing some detailed research; we decided to invest in the MorRyde solution.

There were several options:
Two disc brake options: (chose the one with easy to find replacement parts)
Two hub options: (chose the one with serviceable bearings & chose the best bearings available)

Both of these choices are rooted in my 30 plus years in the automotive aftermarket business, and especially the last 20 in sourcing brakes for a Fortune 200 company.

Enough of that. Let me tell you about the 587 mile return trip.

First, I was not able to air up the TrailerSaver TS3 to 90 PSI, because I left my compressor at home. In need of air, I stopped at Pilot TS, and fed the portable machine. It would only provide 80 PSI, (at least in the time I was prepared to wait). Normally, this would have caused more "porpoising", than we are comfortable with experiencing. Though, not the case! The IS was more responsive to the very rough roads in North Indiana, and around Louisville. In a couple of areas of I-40, (which we travel quite a bit), I chose to carry a bit more speed (60mph, though normally 50mph) into downhill curves, to get a feel for any change. I was quite surprised at the stability and feel.
Lastly, an accident, requiring an abrupt slow down and stop, required me to energize the 4/wheel disc, and WOW!

Suffice to say, the additional margin of performance and safety, are quite comforting! No, we will not travel faster or seek to use up the new found margin. And we hope no situation requires us to use it. Though should such demand occur, it's there!

As for the Trilogy, and Silverado, they will no doubt perform better and require fewer repairs along the way, due to the upgrades.

Gentlemen, (you know who you are), thanks for bearing with my questions and comments. Your insight and candor are much appreciated! I look forward to learning and sharing with you in the future.

BTW, Rob Kolean at MorRyde is a fine ambassador for their company. Not only is he a bit of a perfectionist; I found him to be spot on with communication, service, and attention to detail in customer satisfaction!

Happy Trails!

God Bless,
David & Cathy

2015 Trilogy 38FL
2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW
Trailersaver TS-3 Hitch on B&W Platform

dwilhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 12:54 PM   #2
hidee ho

Great post; thanks for the real world experience writeup of converting to disc brakes. Lots of us would like to do it to our trailers too but financing for us is lacking at this point. Maybe if we keep this trailer long enough! Happy camping!

2013 Forest River Surveyor SP220 Sport
2012 Ram 1500 4X4, 5.7L Hemi quad cab
pt1655 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 07:41 AM   #3
Glad you had a good experience. We thought MorRyde was the best RV service we've had in a very long time.
retamaman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 12:29 PM   #4
Congrats on the upgrade and smoother trips. We love ours. MOR/ryde has the BEST customer service. They really do treat you like a customer

2014 Dynamax Trilogy 3850RL - South Hampton Interior, Full Body Paint (Black / Silver / White), MOR/ryde Independent Suspension, MOR/ryde Disc Brakes, ONAN 5500 Generator, Progressive Industries HW50C w/Dual Display, Winegard HD Dish w/DirecTV, Washer & Dryer, iSprings 7-stage Reverse Osmosis Water Filter, Trail-Air Flex Air Pin Box, Third AC installed, AC Voltage/Amp Meters, DC Amp Meter.
Retired USAF - Full Timers!
John Hagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 09:33 AM   #5
It's great to read happy ending, thanks for sharing!!
Las Cruces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 11:49 AM   #6
The Mor/Ride IS and disc brakes are at the top of our to do list.
Thumper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 07:31 AM   #7
I have been extremely pleased with our MOR/ryde IS with kodiak disks. Cant wait to get back on the road. Love the abilty to stop when needed.

gauchoverde is offline   Reply With Quote

upgrade, wheel