Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-25-2015, 12:34 PM   #1

What is your next Trilogy Project?

Next on my todo list is to replace some of the factory plumbing. I will change out the city water plumbing from the entry all the way to the water manifold. I will probably go with 3/4 ID or at the very least 1/2 ID. The manifold is a great addition to any RV, but it also needs a better supply line.

I know, I know.. the RV parks don't always have great pressure or supply lines that can provide 3/4 ID throughput. That's ok, we'll live with it.

I need to do more reading on the physics aspect

John
2014 Dynamax Trilogy 3850RL - South Hampton Interior, Full Body Paint (Black / Silver / White), MOR/ryde Independent Suspension, MOR/ryde Disc Brakes, ONAN 5500 Generator, Progressive Industries HW50C w/Dual Display, Winegard HD Dish w/DirecTV, Washer & Dryer, iSprings 7-stage Reverse Osmosis Water Filter, Trail-Air Flex Air Pin Box, Third AC installed, AC Voltage/Amp Meters, DC Amp Meter, Garnett See Level Tank Sensors, TST 507 TPMS
Retired USAF - Full Timers!
John Hagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 02:35 PM   #2

Now that we have insulated the interior with Reflectix, painted the skylight a rubber friendly reflective paint and re-caulked the roof, of concern now are the Threads related to failed suspension welds, etc. It is time to inspect and re-paint all exposed and/or rusting metal underneath.
lgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 05:35 PM   #3

I'm in the middle of a project now. I'm working on the kitchen trash can slide out. Ours was a very flimsy design. I noticed some of the last Trilogy's built had a much better design with 4 roller bearing guides - 2 on each side. That's how I'm making ours.
Thumper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 07:13 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper7 View Post
I'm in the middle of a project now. I'm working on the kitchen trash can slide out. Ours was a very flimsy design. I noticed some of the last Trilogy's built had a much better design with 4 roller bearing guides - 2 on each side. That's how I'm making ours.
Thumper, since you're mentioning the garbage bin slide out, I was contemplating of replacing it with a longer one and build a holder for garbage bags and other little things in the back, there is so much wasted space.
Cypressloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 07:27 AM   #5

Since we bought our 36RL in May, I've added lots of insulation, more shelves in cabinets, removed all 3 ac units and put in a good seal to prevent return air from mixing with the cold air, replaced the ac and furnace vents with adjustable vents, replaced the factory water filter, replaced the flimsy garbage can pullout with a much sturdier design, built and installed tracks to go at the bottom of the closet doors in the bedroom, installed metal "J" locks to hold closet doors open when traveling, added a clothes rod to the w/d closet in the hall, insulated and closed up the skylight in the shower, replaced the shower head with an Oxygenics and installed a piece of white Coroplast just above the top of the shower on one side to prevent water from splashing on the wood paneling. I think my next project is a 3 week trip in November.
Old 09-19-2015, 07:47 AM   #6

After all those mods, I agree you do need a vacation.
mcnabbwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 02:30 PM   #7

It can't get here soon enough
Old 09-20-2015, 09:21 AM   #8

Thumper, can you post pictures of the changes to the air conditioner and seals?

John
2014 Dynamax Trilogy 3850RL - South Hampton Interior, Full Body Paint (Black / Silver / White), MOR/ryde Independent Suspension, MOR/ryde Disc Brakes, ONAN 5500 Generator, Progressive Industries HW50C w/Dual Display, Winegard HD Dish w/DirecTV, Washer & Dryer, iSprings 7-stage Reverse Osmosis Water Filter, Trail-Air Flex Air Pin Box, Third AC installed, AC Voltage/Amp Meters, DC Amp Meter, Garnett See Level Tank Sensors, TST 507 TPMS
Old 09-20-2015, 12:08 PM   #9

John, unfortunately I did not take pictures. All you need to do is remove the cover on top of the ac unit-4 bolts. Then remove the 4 long bolts that hold the ac unit onto the roof. Just pick the ac unit up enough to set it off to the side. You can see there is sort of a divider between the front and back of the opening in the roof. I just used the aluminum foil tape to seal everything up real good so the return air does not mix with the cold air.
Old 09-21-2015, 03:07 PM   #10

Got it, thanks!
Old 10-06-2015, 07:28 PM   #11

Our camping season is officially done, here are my projects before we head out again:

Coat hangers for entry closets
Shoe racks for entry closets
Mirror on back of closet door in bedroom ( my wife is vertically challenged, and has trouble with the height of the bathroom mirror)
Install the Onan 5500 thats been sitting in my garage for 3 months
Latch for cutting board drawer
Weld on a proper hitch for our bike rack
Various other little projects as I think of them or find inspiration.
Old 10-07-2015, 09:22 AM   #12

Lenny, sounds like you have some good projects. If you come on down to TX, we camp year round
Old 10-07-2015, 11:08 AM   #13

Texas is on our list of destinations! We are certainly envious of your season, although I'm not sure how I would fare in your summers!
Old 10-09-2015, 06:46 AM   #14

That's when it's time to head back north
Old 11-19-2015, 09:06 PM   #15

Even while camping, I'm still doing some upgrades. Every screw on the exterior, mostly on the slideouts, is being replaced with a stainless steel screw. Not only are the screws being replaced but the screw hole is filled with silicone before the stainless steel screw is screwed in.
Old 11-19-2015, 09:35 PM   #16

That's an ambitious project. Any guess how many screws that will end up being?
mcnabbwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 06:17 AM   #17

I've already used a package of 100 and will need about 150 more. I'm using #10 x 1" ss screws. The ones I'm taking out are #8 x 1". On about 2 of the screws I took out, a little bit of water dripped out of the screw hole. It rained hard here the other day. I don't know why they don't seal the hole when they build the trailer and use better screws instead of the cheap screws that rust and break. It seems every rv mfg uses the same cheap screws.
Old 03-18-2016, 09:32 AM   #18

Like most of you, I use a lot of electronics, especially when we snowbird.

In our 37FB the entertainment center is over the fireplace in the opposing slide out across from our recliners. The doors to the entertainment center are made of plexiglas. I have a router, printer, Tivo, digital adapter, Ooma, stereo receiver and cordless phone base in the compartments. Needless to say, heat is a problem.

At first I just left the doors cracked open and resting on their latches. But the heat caused problems for me stereo. I considered replacing the plexiglas with metal screen, but it was too uneven and didn't play well.

I did find replacement airconditioner filter material at Lowes for $1.97. The material is easily stretched and almost the same shade as the plexiglas. The size is perfect for the replacement. The plexiglas is removed by pulling the plastic wedges from the door. Laying the filter material over the opening, and starting with the longer wedges first, I installed the filters.

Heat is no longer an issue and according to 'she who must be obeyed', they don't look half bad either. Here's a pic.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	314.1 KB
ID:	102235  
Old 04-12-2016, 06:37 PM   #19

Receiver hitch for bike rack is now wobble free!

Onan happy in its new home:

The curb side slide was hitting the kitchen island when fully retracted. This had loosened all the fasteners and it was quite wobbly. Ended up putting a 1/4" spacer under the island, now the slide has just enough room.

Ordered a two canister filter setup from https://www.rvwaterfilterstore.com to replace the KW1 I filled with antifreeze last fall. That is probably not going to be here till the end of the month though.

Looking for some inspiration for shoe storage in the front closet? Closet is 16 inches wide, 9 1/2 inches deep.
Old 04-24-2016, 03:52 PM   #20

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1461531086.981515.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	105944

Ditched the MK1. Dual canister filtration setup from Rick at www.rvwaterfilterstore.com. Looking forward to better flow and better water.