Old 02-09-2014, 10:35 PM   #1
Working the Life

Winterization of Trilogy 3800 D3

Has anyone winterized their Trilogy 3800 D3?
I need to winterize my unit before heading back to Alberta at the end of the week and can't find my low point drains. I went to the RV show in Calgary last week and asked the Dealer Service tech and the Factory Rep. Neither of them knew where the Low Point Drains were located. The 2013 3800 D3 is very different from the other models as it doesn't have the Easy Winterization system.
I was considering just pouring my RV antifreeze into my fresh water tank and pumping it through the entire system that way.

Not sure what else to do. ?????

KD Nolte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 10:53 AM   #2

Hello from MN;
We don't have the 3800 but we have winterized and the low point drains are on the street side. Two under the baggage door and one under the big slide out for the ice maker. As for method of winterizing we did exactly what you are thinking of doing (it should be noted that we DO NOT use our fresh water tank). We dumped RV antifreeze in the freshwater tank and turned on the pump and then opened up faucets, etc. We blew out the fridge with air so as not to have the pink stuff in it.
The only issue I had was with the washer and that was due to my own ignorance. I just couldn't "see" the pink stuff going into the washer until I paused it and looked in the detergent dispenser. Lo' and behold it was full of pink stuff and I set it to drain and was set to go. Hope this helped.
Sue

Old 02-10-2014, 11:42 AM   #3
Working the Life

Winterization of Trilogy 3800 D3

Thanks Sue
I had previously located the cold water line under the kitchen slide as you described, however I am unable o locate a hot water drain anywhere under the coach. The best I can hope for is that the Fluid will find it's way through the entire system when I put the Hot Water tank into bypass.
I drain the Hot water tank separately through the anode port and do not allow antifreeze to entire it.

KD

Old 02-10-2014, 05:43 PM   #4

Husband was just commenting on how hard it was to get to the bypass. He had to take the wall panel in the storage compartment off to get at it.
Old 02-10-2014, 06:59 PM   #5
Working the Life

Yes, not an easy bypass to get to. I have to crawl into my garage to reach the valves. Oh well we only do it twice a year. There could be worse issues.
Have you located your hot water low point drain?

KD

Old 02-11-2014, 09:38 AM   #6

He said he just can't remember. The Trilogy isn't where we can look either. Sorry.

Sue

Tags
winter