Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-02-2014, 07:50 PM   #1

Yesterday was the day !

Well yesterday was the next big step for us getting ready to go full timing..we listed our house for sale after 6 weeks of cleaning, painting, some minor projects and de-cluttering. We can't do much outside as we still have 8 to 10 inches of snow on the ground, but we kept my deadline of Mar. 1st to list. So now the wait begins, we hope it sells quick but we also know it may take awhile . As far as the rig goes I went out and exercised the generator and ran the furnace and did some general checks around her ,all looked ok , now if this snow and cold would just go away I could get going on some of the little projects I want to get started on ! We have a lot of things to transfer from the house to the rig but we can only open the door side slide until I can move her over enough to have enough room to open the other two......we are starting to get antsy here.... COME ON SPRING !!
Old 03-02-2014, 08:12 PM   #2
CCRVOC

Hey, that is great! We are about 6 months behind schedule to get our house on the market and these ice storms are not helping..more clean up..

Good Luck on your sale and transition to FT !
2012 Dodge 3500, SLT Big Horn,CC,DRW,Cummins HO, EB, 4x4, 3:73, Retrax Pro, Q20, TST507, Garmin RV760, Sleek 4g
2014 Cedar Creek, 36CKTS, 1000w Solar, TriStar MPPT 60, Magnum 2000w, PI EMS, WiFi Ranger Elite, Sleek 4g, Wingard DTV Traveler
Retired Army in 1995, and now retired in 2016
Ramblin Recks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 07:34 PM   #3

The house will sell and your work will begin coinciding with the next big snowfall or bad weather system. I'm not trying to be negative, just sayin.
Marks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 06:34 PM   #4

Hi Defiant I believe you are the gentlemen that posted the videos online of your trilogy. We purchased a new trilogy 3650RE last week. We don't pick it up till may 15 due to the snow here in Alberta. Can't wait. . Sorry if this is a bit off topic but I am new and could not figure out how to start a new thread.in one of your videos you said you were thinking about installing solar on your unit. I would like to do the same with the flex able panels. Just wondering if how much room is on the root to install those panels. Also when you are running off your batteries & inverter does it only supply the fridge or will it power the tv's also. We trader in a forest river
Berkshire on our unit and when running off the inverter it would power the tv's and a few plugs in the coach like the ones by the nightstands for example. Thanks to Everyone for their posts and time to put the awesome information on this forum .
salexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 06:58 PM   #5
Plain Old Member

Congrads on the full timing. Ours sold real quick, so fast it was an oh crap gotta load and go moment. From concept to reality of full timing was between 6-9 months total. In that time, motorhome was sold, house was sold, a truck, a car, a boat and I can't remember what else. In the middle of selling all, new truck was purchased, and at the very end, fifth wheel was purchased. It has been quite the ride, but this last time home, we finally hit the road and could sit back and say, we're finally there now. We absolutely love it.
2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 10:40 AM   #6

salexander, Welcome to the forum and Congrats on your new Trilogy! We are still considering adding solar with the flexible panels...as they weigh less , no drilling into the roof like conventional panels, the only downside is the flexible panels seem to produce a little less power than regular panels, which isn't much of an issue with us as we don't do much boondocking and we also have a generator on-board. There seems to be plenty of space to install on roof ,but I have been unable to measure to see how many panels will fit as it's been a miserable winter here in upstate NY, hopefully it will warm up soon ! And yes the inverter only powers the fridge (its only 1000 watts). So a higher wattage inverter my be in our future along with some wiring rework. Since we only have 3 trips under our belts in our Trilogy so far we will probably wait til we get a in few more trips or hit the road fulltime to fully assess our needs
Old 03-16-2014, 11:23 PM   #7

I forgot to update house sale... been a little slow so far due to the crappy weather and listing a little early have had a few visits and people just doing a drive by , The snow melted enough for me to shovel what was left from around the pool so it can be seen better, I hope to uncover it in April just for show.
Old 03-19-2014, 08:50 AM   #8

Defiant, we went through the house selling process in last December. Sold it immediately and had to move immediately, just before Christmas. Our new Trilogy 3850RL was behind schedule on the assembly line and had to move into our Cedar Creek. Downsizing was mentally and physically challenging to say the least. Filled a lot of dumpsters. Buyer of the house also bought our furniture so that helped us out. When the Trilogy finally arrived in January we had to move from the Cedar Creek to the Trilogy. Whew, what a pain. Now that we are in the Trilogy we are continuing to downsize. I retire at the end of May 2014 and we hit the road. Woo Hoo!

John
2014 Dynamax Trilogy 3850RL - South Hampton Interior, Full Body Paint (Black / Silver / White), MOR/ryde Independent Suspension, MOR/ryde Disc Brakes, ONAN 5500 Generator, Progressive Industries HW50C w/Dual Display, Winegard HD Dish w/DirecTV, Washer & Dryer, iSprings 7-stage Reverse Osmosis Water Filter, Trail-Air Flex Air Pin Box, Third AC installed, AC Voltage/Amp Meters, DC Amp Meter, Garnett See Level Tank Sensors, TST 507 TPMS
Retired USAF - Full Timers!
John Hagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 12:06 PM   #9

For you full or part timers out there, I personally believe the best RV forum on the net is RV-Dreams.com. its a NICE, friendly forum with no flaming. I see one name on here that posts on there also.

Sherry
WestWardHo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 07:33 PM   #10

News update...... THE HOUSE IS SOLD !!!! We accepted an offer on April 26 , the day before we were leaving to attend The RV Dreams Rally in Tenn. tentative closing is around July 7th if all goes well ! And we will be hitting the road first stop is Mor /ryde to get a new suspension installed, we will be putting on new 17.5 tires and rims which we will be ordering in a week or two and selling the original 16" tires and rims.... special thanks to WestWardHo for sharing a wealth of information on what way to go, and is was especially nice to meet Sherry and Jessie at the rally!!
Old 05-06-2014, 06:58 AM   #11

Defiant, congrats on the sale of the house!! Now for the hard part...downsizing.

Highly recommend having the disc brakes added while at MOR/ryde. They stop you on a dime. Maintenance is very low, just like on a car. Well worth the additional cost. Should be about $6,000 or less for brakes and suspension.

I have the MOR/ryde 8K axles on my 3850. Rides like a dream.

John
2014 Dynamax Trilogy 3850RL - South Hampton Interior, Full Body Paint (Black / Silver / White), MOR/ryde Independent Suspension, MOR/ryde Disc Brakes, ONAN 5500 Generator, Progressive Industries HW50C w/Dual Display, Winegard HD Dish w/DirecTV, Washer & Dryer, iSprings 7-stage Reverse Osmosis Water Filter, Trail-Air Flex Air Pin Box, Third AC installed, AC Voltage/Amp Meters, DC Amp Meter, Garnett See Level Tank Sensors, TST 507 TPMS
Retired USAF - Full Timers!
John Hagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 12:19 PM   #12

Sent from my SM-N900T using Forest River Forums mobile app
trilogy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 05:51 PM   #13

Well we are officially fulltimers now ! Turned in my retirement papers June 20th and we were living in the 5th wheel at a local campground for 5 weeks to get used to living in it fulltime and finish cleaning out what was left in the house, our closing was July 10th and we hit the road on the 21st and we are in Elkhart Ind. to get our new suspension installed and spend a week to 10 days resting and getting our next travel plan finalized.
We are having a great time thus far
Old 07-25-2014, 08:38 AM   #14

John Hagen,
You're right about the disc brakes, believe Defiant is doing the same. Defiant, it's ALL working out, so happy for you!
Every time we take our Trilogy for service or new installs of something the techs say, what a beautiful rig! Often people in parks ask about it as they are not common and they are impressed. Back to loving ours.
One of my favorite mods was to add the Winguard automatic HD roof satellite for our DTV. No more struggling to find location for dish and talking by radio for tuning. Just push a button and let it do the work.
Sherry
WestWardHo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 01:08 PM   #15

Congratulations on the retirement! Let the travel adventure begin. We are coming up on three years and it's been great so far. Safe travels and enjoy.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
retamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 01:15 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiant530 View Post
Well we are officially fulltimers now ! Turned in my retirement papers June 20th and we were living in the 5th wheel at a local campground for 5 weeks to get used to living in it fulltime and finish cleaning out what was left in the house, our closing was July 10th and we hit the road on the 21st and we are in Elkhart Ind. to get our new suspension installed and spend a week to 10 days resting and getting our next travel plan finalized.
We are having a great time thus far
Are you going to the (Goshen Frog Rally)? Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 03:52 PM   #17

We are not planning on attending the rally this time around, after we get our mor/ryde suspension and disc brakes installed we have to head out to South Dakota to finish up our residency paperwork and head to Kansas to see my son who is in the army and then head out to Texas to start our first work camper job.