Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-15-2016, 04:17 PM   #1

2015 Wildwood X Lite CO monitor goes off when transitioning from plug to battery

2015 Wildwood X Lite CO monitor goes off when no transitioning from plug in to battery
Hey folks,
I have a 2015 Wildwood x lite and have had 8 months. Just recently, after getting back from the service center for roof work, I now have a co detector that chirps when I am driving or when I pull in and plug into the campsite. It lasted about an hour and I kept trying to reset it. It shows full battery, it's plugged in and just keeps beeping.
Now home, it was beeping when I pulled in to my driveway, again, took about an hour of resets and patience. That was yesterday. That makes me believe it was beeping most the way home. But, I did stop for gas and it was not alarming at that time. Odd.
Now, I come home from work, it's beeping again. It's been plugged into my garage 24 hours now. Battery is fully charged, I have checked multiple times. The LP tank is off and has been since yesterday.
Any ideas how to get this to stop? What the issue is?
Thanks,
Emmckee3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 02:42 PM   #2

CO monitors have a finite life span, after which they start chirping. The newest and best will supposedly go 7 years before replacement. Earlier and cheaper models have 5 year lives or less. Just because you have a 2015, you can't assume your CO detector is of the same year. And a fair number seem to fail early.

Since it is chirping on shore power (and all other DC items are working fine) I would lean towards replacing the CO monitor.

Fred W
2014 Rockwood A122 A-frame
pgandw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 04:41 PM   #3

Thanks Fred.
Yep, that's my next move. I considered cutting it and covering the wires and getting a plug in model from a hardware store that folks use in their home.
Maybe I should check online and buy a new one and just wire a new one in and test it out. can't be that expensive.
Old 03-21-2016, 07:35 PM   #4

The problem with using a household model is that the household models are CO only. Last ones I bought were 7 year models (internal battery) for about $30.

Most RV models operate off 12V, and serve as a battery monitor and propane detector, as well as CO. At least that's true in the A-frame and PUP world. I don't know for sure with the big boys.

Did you buy the extended warranty (1 year extension by Forest River)? You might be able to get a new unit from the dealer under warranty.

Fred W
2014 Rockwood A-122 A-frame
2008 Hyundai Entourage minivan
camping Colorado and adjacent states one weekend at a time
pgandw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 08:58 PM   #5

Thanks again for responding. Yes, I have the warranty but the dealer is 1.5 hours away. I'm in no mood to drive down there for a 30 dollar alarm. But, you're. Right, the OTC monitors won't cut it, I need the LP and CO.
We are camping next weekend and I'll see what happens. It was a just in the shop for 3 months due to mfg defect / roof and electrical.
I love it, but man, I'm getting tired of fixing new stuff.
This is my third unit, I'm no novice, but when it comes to gas and electric I like for someone else to take care of it.
I'll see how next weekend goes and if it sets off again, alarming when unplugged and plugged back in, then I'll get a monitor off amazon from and RV and marine site and wire it in and adhere to the wall.
Old 04-12-2016, 09:36 PM   #6

Just checking that you actually put another monitor in to make sure you don't have CO. I would want to know that first.
Lm2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 07:52 AM   #7

Actually, glad you asked. my new one arrives via Amazon today. I bought the same make and model. plan to hook it up tonight. Fingers crossed that this does the trick!
I have had the old one unplugged and taped off for about a week now. Couldn't take the random chirping any longer.

Tags
battery, wildwood