Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-16-2016, 11:01 PM   #1

2016 Lacrosse324

My wife and I own a 2009 Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite by Forest River and loved it. Time for us to update so we
bought a 2016 Lacrosse 324 Prime Time by Forest River we bought from Jack Sizemore in Texas. We bought this unit back in September 2015. We left our Rockwood down at our daughter's in New Mexico. My wife and I are now living in our trailer because we want to travel. We have gotten to Foresthill, Ca. In November for thanksgiving. December rolls around one week before Christmas it starts to rain. Out heater goes out, found out the vents on heater or backwards letting water to get in on circuit board. Called Jack Sizemore he told me to take to Forest River Dealer. Out here called everone and they told me to come back after January 4th. Great no heat now it's raining and snowing. . .So I thought of something put circuit board into rice. Five days later we had heat. Now with all the rain ca has gotten again it did it again. This time it has demanded the circuit board now. My wife just had a operation and can not move. They tell me to take into dealer again to fix the problem. How do I do that without moving my wife? At this time I wonder if we should've stayed with the Rockwood Signature.
Lookng4us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 02:18 PM   #2

Could you upload a picture of the reversed vents. I would call a local mobile RV repair person and ask if they do warranty work. I have found they are usually good at repairs and are fairly quick at getting things done as most are independent and this is their main income. Did this for our refrigerator, was repaired in 5 days versus two month my dealer said it would take, and was completely covered by warranty with no out of pocket.
Rich5117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 02:25 PM   #3

X2 on the mobile RV repair service. We've dealt with a couple of them and they were very good. They have to be since its their only business. You may need to call the Prime Time warranty department and get a pre-approval and/or pay the mobile tech yourself and submit it to FR for reimbursement. But given your circumstances, I would think the warranty dept at Prime Time would try to work with you to get it fixed.

2022 Columbus 379MBC (Previous 2013 Rockwood Roo 23 IKSS)
2023 F-350 (Previous 2017 F250, 2005 F-150)
KMP44 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lacrosse