Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-05-2017, 03:02 PM   #1

Atwood 6gal hot water heater no gas

We have a 2016 Sunseeker MBS and our hot water heater was burning sooty with black smoke when running on propane. I checked the tubes and found a beetle plugging the tube to the spark ignition. Cleaned it out, blew the soot out of the heating tube and put it all back together. Now, I have spark but no gas coming through to the igniter? I have gas from the gas line to the solenoid valve, but nothing passes through. I checked voltage to the valve and we have power to the switch when the on switch is pressed. Any ideas? It looks like a $100 for a new solenoid switch. Hard to believe it would go out after only 1.5 years?
Thanks for any thoughts on this.
The Ritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 05:55 PM   #2

Blue flame is back!

I pulled the solenoid out one more time, cleaned both intake and outflow and reassembled only to find it working! I am not quite sure if this is a :long term fix but we are good-to-go now!
The Ritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 06:01 PM   #3
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ritz View Post
I pulled the solenoid out one more time, cleaned both intake and outflow and reassembled only to find it working! I am not quite sure if this is a :long term fix but we are good-to-go now!
Glad we could help! Ha

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gas, heater, hot water, water, water heater