Old 01-03-2016, 05:25 PM   #1
Atwood Furnace AFMD30111 Issue

Looking for advice from you furnace experts. I had the trailer to the dealer 4 times and it's still happening. The problem - the furnace is cycling off of the limit switch. It runs for 10-12 mins and then the flame shuts off, but the fan remains on. After about 1 min and 30 seconds the flame will reignite. It will do this until it reaches the thermostat temp. The dealer replaced the control board. Still does it.

I decided to do a little troubleshooting. I confirmed it is limiting. With a volt meter across the limit switch, I get 0 volts until the switch opens. Upon which I get 24 volts. I replaced the limit switch just to rule it out and the problem persists. I then started to think maybe it's an air flow issue. Either with the ducting or blower motor. I get good flow from the three floor registers and the one below the shower. I loosened the screws on the external door cover and pulled it away about 1/2 inch. The furnace ran for 45 mins without interruption until it reached the thermostat temp. Tightening the screws causes the furnace to cycle in about 12 mins.

So, does this sound like the blower motor or something else?

Oh yea, the trailer is a 2016 Lacrosse 327RES.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

2914 Tracer 2950BHS
Griswalds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 12:55 PM   #2
I fixed it. The flexible ducting from the furnace to the bathroom only needed a length of 5 feet. There was over 12 feet of ducting installed. It was looked like a coiled snake. I removed over 6 feet of the flexible ducting and the furnace ran for over 50 mins continuously until it reached the thermostat temp.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

2914 Tracer 2950BHS
Griswalds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 02:32 PM   #3
Thumbs up

Good to hear you got it fixed.

2007 Surveyor SV230
- 200 Watts Solar/MPPT Controller - 230 AH Battery Bank - 600 watt PSW Inverter - (2) 2000 watt Inverter Generators - LED Lighting - Boon Docking 99% of the time.
2009 F150 - 5.4 Litre - 6 speed - Tow Package
boondocking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 02:57 PM   #4
I also removed about 8' total of the flex duct in the storage area. Added hard aluminum 3" 90 ells to the furnace taps. Improved airflow considerably to the living area. I did not have the limit cycling problem that I was aware of, just poor to almost no airflow to the living area at the rear of the rv.
2014 8289WS Diamond pkg
2014 Ram 2500 SB DC TCD
PhoneDude 8289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 06:21 PM   #5
Wow, good find and good fix!
2016 Forester 2401R
MNtraveler is offline   Reply With Quote