Old 06-23-2015, 03:59 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Tires are stamped with a max., but that doesn't mean they won't see more. Same with LP tanks.
pressure relief valves say they wont...

Old 06-23-2015, 04:00 PM   #22
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grampa Jim View Post
...Ya done well with that place over there, Old Coot.
Had nothing to do with it, other than paying taxes.

Old 06-23-2015, 04:01 PM   #23
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crockett View Post
pressure relief valves say they wont...
RIGHT!
Old 06-23-2015, 05:30 PM   #24

Quote:
your lp tank is stamped 240...your reg will not see 250 plus. pop your range top...see that little reg there? ive noticed a little reg built into later gas valves as well...
All gas valve's have an adjustment spring that is not a regulator, as you have at your propane lines. If you were to change a furnace from natural gas to propane you you would install a new spring and orifices normally green for propane use. That is not a so called regulator. The only regulator is at the tank themselves. Never do you put 2 regulators on the same line.... Rv gas valves work the same way as any valve, when it calls to come on the 12v picks up the electro magnet which allows the gas to flow. They are non adjustable not such as a regulator. You set the main and only regulator to the # of inches needed. FR sets there to 11" in a water column. I think they should be set at 11.5 as is a standard for LPG but that is just me. It is good that the gas valves are closed units, preset for pressure. You do need read my first post about the serial #'s when they made that change. It is a WARNING. I gave that info to the OP to make sure he doesn't have a problem. LPG is nothing to fool around with. I also said to get the right valve from Suburban if needed or if a 10.5 PSI which was printed on the one he was going to buy is correct for his W/H.
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 05:45 PM   #25

Laurelhurst Distributors Parts Breakdown

please note item #5 first pictorial

if it has a spring and a diaphram it regulates. this reg takes the pressure down about 1 water column inches...

edit: the standard is 11 to 12 water column inches flowing at the main reg. most appliances excluding refers have a second reg, set to 10 to 10.5 inches. the reg is incorporated into the valve or in the case of a range, mounted in the fashion shown in the pictorial.
Old 06-24-2015, 05:52 AM   #26

Quote:
Laurelhurst Distributors Parts Breakdown

please note item #5 first pictorial

if it has a spring and a diaphram it regulates. this reg takes the pressure down about 1 water column inches...

edit: the standard is 11 to 12 water column inches flowing at the main reg. most appliances excluding refers have a second reg, set to 10 to 10.5 inches. the reg is incorporated into the valve or in the case of a range, mounted in the fashion shown in the pictorial.
That is non adjustable it is a set reducer to allow only so much gas to get through. They call it a regulator because it slows the flow of gas only. If you had a 4 burner stove that orifice (so called Regulator) would have to be larger. True regulators are adjustable such as the 2 stage by your gas bottles.
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 09:08 AM   #27

It has a spring, diaphram, vent. It is a reg. if you up the input pressure, it still regulates to the 10.5. The same model reg is used on 4 burner ranges. Each mfg has one reg for all their range ovens.
Old 06-24-2015, 09:13 AM   #28
Mod free 5er

It is a regulator IF you consider any flow control to be a regulator.

Pressure regulator
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Oxygen and MAPP gas cylinders with two-stage pressure regulators
A pressure regulator is a valve that automatically cuts off the flow of a liquid or gas at a certain pressure. Regulators are used to allow high-pressure fluid supply lines or tanks to be reduced to safe and/or usable pressures for various applications.

Gas pressure regulators are used to regulate gas pressure and are not used for measuring flow rates. Flowmeters, Rotometers or Mass Flow Controllers are used to accurately regulate gas flow rates.
Old 06-24-2015, 09:16 AM   #29

It is more than an orifice. It regulates in just the same way as the main reg. it is simply not adjustable.
Old 06-24-2015, 03:04 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
To regulate the propane pressure, your RV has a two stage propane regulator. This is a component that fits between the tank to the rest of the system, and it takes the fuel coming out of the tank at a high psi and brings it down to a manageable flow. The first stage lowers the pressure to around 10 to 15 psi from its much higher number, sometimes 250 or more. Then, the second stage takes it down to around 11 water column inches, which is the right flow for your RVís appliances.

This statement was taken from the propane suppliers. Unless the OP serial # is what I posted from suburban it will not work correctly. Will it work yes, but your pressure that it is designed for will cause problems down the line. I have just went out and looked, I do not see any secondary regulator at any appliance. Please post a picture of this so I know where it is buried being all have a copper line exposed to the gas valve's only? Thank you I love to learn new things. Even my side kick BBQ there is no secondary regulator as you claim.
heres a common rv appliance valve. the reg is purely visible with vent
Attached Images

Tags
gas