Old 06-24-2015, 03:27 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crockett View Post
heres a common rv appliance valve. the reg is purely visible with vent
Not quite sure what your showing, but I know I do not have that anywhere on my 5er? I still have to say That all appliances have a built in orifice or as they call it a regulator in the gas valve itself. A regulator is adjustable as you can regulate the pressure. If you can not regulate it and I mean adjust the gas pressure either up or down it is a fixed flow restrictor that works as a regulator. The term regulator is only used to say that it is fixed to supply the correct gas to the appliance as tested to create the correct flame if your set 11.0 or 11.5. You can not tell me that if my primary regulator that is adjustable will be correct unless it is set at 11.0" as FR uses. If my primary regulator was set at 9.5" no matter what I do I will not increase that pressure to the correct pressure needed not to cause a problem with sooting or a yellow flame to that appliance. You can call it a regulator or they can but it is fixed. Non adjustable. You have to adjust your primary only to get the pressure required.

Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 04:59 PM   #32

a fixed flow restrictor needs no spring, diaphram or vent. this has all 3. you asked for a pic. it has been provided...

Old 06-24-2015, 07:09 PM   #33

Quote:
a fixed flow restrictor needs no spring, diaphram or vent. this has all 3. you asked for a pic. it has been provided...
First of all the the picture I seen was under the trailer for some reason is why I posted what I did now it is gone and I see a valve. Now lets get back to the OP question and not stove valves or anything else. Here is my Valve for my water heater there is nothing there attach for a vent like a regulator. As you can see there is an access point in the bottom to hook=up a manometer. You can also see two magnetic valves that work off either electrical or propane four wires are going to it. There is no external valve anywhere or a vent for a regulator. I think we got off the OP problems, by showing a fixed restrictor or regulator as they may call it is no help at all and probably confusing people. You can see the diaphragm location on the valve itself. As I have said there is NO other regulator involved except at the bottles. Lets talk apples to apples not apples to grapes. That valve has no vent in this picture at all. I have not seen a cross section nor have I taken it apart being that it is working great. There is big difference what your posting was to a stove then a W/H valve. That is why going back to my first post the WARNing that was provided by Amazon. If you go to the Suburban site It will post the same thing about serial #'s that is all I'm saying they made a production change depending on the # itself. I'm not trying to be argumentative but lets all get on the same page. Go back to post 24, I have said all this already.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	water heater 001.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	250.8 KB
ID:	81020  
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
Old 06-24-2015, 07:56 PM   #34

heres the same valve. 1/2 psi inlet, 10.2 wc outlet. cap pulled off to show adjustment. note wording on valve (reg 10.2)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	236.9 KB
ID:	81026  
Old 06-24-2015, 08:15 PM   #35
Mod free 5er

Bottom line, who gives a rats behind? As long as the appliances work, that's all that matters. The OP needs to replace the gas valve. Q.E.D. quod erat demonstrandum,
Old 06-24-2015, 08:45 PM   #36

this is a tech thread...have a good day gentlemen
Old 06-24-2015, 10:17 PM   #37
Mod free 5er

Quote:
this is a tech thread...have a good day gentlemen
Turned into an argument thread.
Old 06-25-2015, 03:33 PM   #38

"Please post a picture of this so I know where it is buried being all have a copper line exposed to the gas valve's only? Thank you I love to learn new things."

this is glens post from #13. i took it as a sincere request with no sarcasm. sorry for any perceived drama, though some make like it, I personally dont
Old 06-25-2015, 06:40 PM   #39

Quote:
"Please post a picture of this so I know where it is buried being all have a copper line exposed to the gas valve's only? Thank you I love to learn new things."

this is glens post from #13. i took it as a sincere request with no sarcasm. sorry for any perceived drama, though some make like it, I personally dont
There was no sarcasm on my part at all. I know that a W/H valve or any valve can't have a vent, being if it opened and spilled gas at all it could cause a very bad fire. My gas valve has an adjustment on it to set the inches needed to supply the gas if you have a manometer. There is no drama on my part. Yes the gas valve has a diaphragm which is controlled by a spring and screw. If I had another pressure regulator I wanted to know where for my safety because of the vent. I did not know of any valve other then my 2 stage regulator that would have one. That is why I asked that, no other reason. I think that we both just looking and answering two different things. I did not mean to be sarcastic to you at all. I only hope that the OP gets a new valve, I know of NO GAS as dangerous as propane. For some reason I saw a picture that was different then after I posted. I don't know how that happened.
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
Old 06-25-2015, 10:09 PM   #40

I cant seem to get more than one pic to load, so im gonna post 3 times. Sorry in advance. A valve doesnt need a vent but a reg does. Heres a pic of the cap for the adjustment on your reg. this is the inside of the cap...and you can see the vent hole just barely in the center. The second pic will show the hole on the side of the cap where it vents to the outside. The third will show the first valve I posted with the black vent cover. This valve has the vent cap removed. These 2 valves comprise pretty much all the valves on waterheaters and furnaces made for rvs.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	408.4 KB
ID:	81146  

Tags
gas