Originally Posted by Evereddie
For safety reasons all co/lp detectors are hot wired directly into the battery. No fuse or cutoff switch will disable it.
Yes, these fail and age out often. Replace it.
I do not believe this is true in all cases.
In my FR Solera MH I had (have) a problem with the detector going off. If I both disconnect from shore power AND turn the battery disconnect switch to off, then the CO/propane detector is powered off.
I could never find a fuse in the fuse bank. I believe that there is an internal fuse for the unit.