Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-02-2018, 11:19 PM   #1

Coleman Camp Grill Stove

Greetings,

I was under the impression that the grill that came with my Geo Pro G19FD would run off the gas line hook-up on my travel trailer.

In reality it looks as though I have to carry an aux. propane take - either the small green cans or another 20 lb canister.

Can someone verify this or let me know if there is a way that I can use this grill with the external propane hook-up?

Thanks,
Mike
Moe Geo Pro G19FD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 11:36 PM   #2

My understanding: On the Coleman grill IF you have to hook up and adapter with a regulator then attach one of the small green LP tanks then NO you will not be able to use your grill with the TT gas line hook-up. My understanding is that your gas line on the TT has a regulator and the gas supply provided by the TT gas line is low pressure vs. the pressure on the little green LP tank. The regulator on your gas grill does not recognize the low pressure gas so the regulator will not open at all to allow any gas through. There have been posts on this site that show what type(s) of fittings you can get to change your grills gas input piping so that the gas hook-up on the TT will work.
Thurman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 03:07 PM   #3

I just purchased a 2018 geo pro 19FD and same here they sent it with a stupid coleman grill that you cant even hook up to your gas for the said grill. Really sad and disappointing. I'm now looking for a low pressure grill to can buy to use with my gas line.
ProAngler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 03:31 PM   #4
Who Dares, Wins

Depending on what Coleman grill there are adaptors that can be made or ordered pre made online. I just got one for a webber from calore Equipment, make them for Coleman as well. I had a Colman roadtrip I made an adapter for before getting the webber.

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 03:33 PM   #5

doc73, I checked into it, the grill they sent requires higher psi to operate, the low pressure from the trailer wouldnt work. Sad but true...
ProAngler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 03:42 PM   #6
Who Dares, Wins

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProAngler View Post
doc73, I checked into it, the grill they sent requires higher psi to operate, the low pressure from the trailer wouldnt work. Sad but true...
So did my webber and Coleman roadtrip. You can sometimes make an adapter, or buy them, That removes the regulator and uses the low pressure connector. The issue is you need to remove the regulator.

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote