Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-12-2013, 11:08 PM   #1

First camping trip

Our first camping trip was May long weekend. Wonderful friends and weather, First time setting up and pulling the trailer everything went smooth. On our last night of camping in the mountains at 4 o'clock in the morning our furnace makes a noise. At first sounded like I was getting air through the water pump and shut everything off. Turn the furnace back on to test that and I found the problem... Clink clank snap! I open the Access door to the furnace look into the furnace and I find the fan blades.
Murphy's Law...
The following week we took it to the dealership to drop it off so it can get serviced under warranty, A week and a half later they confirm the bad news broken squirrel cage. Bad news is there isn't one available for 3 weeks. Seeing how are summers are only 12 weeks long at best in Canada this was going to be an issue for us.
I called our dealer today and spoke to them about seeing if that part was rusted and got here any quicker... Nope.
I told them that this timeline was not going to work as this is a brand-new trailer and this is the first thing to go wrong on our first trip. I suggested they take apart from another trailer on the lot or simply exchange the furnace, You can imagine their resistance to do this as it costs them time and money for a simple warranty part.
They call me back later today and told me that this is what they were going to do, Pull a brand-new furnace out of another brand-new unit and switch it into ours at no cost to us.
I was never upset that our furnace was not working just The inconvenience that it caused us.
Our dealer in my opinion went above and beyond the expected norm of service to make sure that we were both happy and satisfied with the work.
I'm just glad that some dealers still put the customer first rather than brush off the issue.
Turtle people is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 04:57 AM   #2
MI Camperz

Sounds great. You could post this under dealer reviews with their name. I'm sure they would appreciate it and others could know of a good place to go. I reviewed the dealership I purchased from and Forest River sent them a copy of my review with a congrats...so I know they take them seriously.