Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-26-2012, 11:21 AM   #1

Floor Register- Anybody with 831FKBSS

I have a 2012 831FKBSS that I want to change out the floor registers for adjustable ones. Want to force the heat back to the bedroom area by closing off some of the hot air in the living area, especially at night. I keep my trailer 100 miles away and forgot to measure the registers for replacement when I was there yesterday. As usual I remembered fifty miles into the return trip. If there is somebody out there who just happens to be sitting in one of these that has a tape measure handy, would you measure the registers and let me know the size? I would sure appreciate it.
Stank Bait is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 11:54 AM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Just go to your local dealer if you have one and pick them up there pretty much a standard size for rv's.

Turbs
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 12:08 PM   #3

Lowes should have them look for 2"1/4 by 12'', should fit ???????

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 12:26 PM   #4
ARLO

We have a 2010 829fkss and did the same thing. Our floor holes measure 10 x 2 1/2 ish.
I found some 10 x 2 metal adjustable ones at a Menard's in Michigan that worked fine. I originally tried the plastic ones but did not care for them in another trailer. I am not sure if Lowes or Home depot carry the 10 x 2's.
rlocicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 04:01 PM   #5

So you are not confused, the outside measurement of the face plate is 12"x 2 1/4" The louver part is 10" the part that has the veins that open and close. They are metal and sold at either Lowes or a home depot. The metal boot they set in is 10" but you need the face plate around them that will screw to the floor, most will come with predrilled holes in each end if not you just drill the hole in. The term in HVAC is called a toe kick register, because they fit in the toe kick of a cabinet.......they come in brown, white or gold and even wood (oak) metal is much better then the plastic ones the RV dealer will sell you and I bet even cheaper.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 03:00 AM   #6

I use some vent covers that I found at WalMart to block the living room vents to send more heat into the bedroom. Find them in the hardware section. They are magnetic so they would work well on metal vents.
Old 12-27-2012, 07:12 AM   #7

Thanks

I will go shopping today.
Old 12-27-2012, 07:58 PM   #8

Just FYI. Failure at both Lowes and Home Depot. Usually you start at one and get half your stuff and then go to the other to get the other half. This time neither had the first half. Found two white ones at Lowes (no box, no price etc). Nothing at HD. Ace Hardware - zero. Very aggravating. Did find some magnetic sheets to just toss over the vent to shut it off. Rather have something I can close. Will help keep the sand out. Florida has a lot of sand.
Old 12-27-2012, 08:07 PM   #9
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stank Bait View Post
Just FYI. Failure at both Lowes and Home Depot. Usually you start at one and get half your stuff and then go to the other to get the other half. This time neither had the first half. Found two white ones at Lowes (no box, no price etc). Nothing at HD. Ace Hardware - zero. Very aggravating. Did find some magnetic sheets to just toss over the vent to shut it off. Rather have something I can close. Will help keep the sand out. Florida has a lot of sand.
go online to RV Supplies, RV Accessories & RV Parts for Motorhomes, Travel Trailers - Camping World
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote