Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-17-2016, 11:03 PM   #1

Furnace problem

I have a 2013 flagstaff 831flfs. When I turn my thermostat up for the furnace. The furnace makes a click sound, but the blower won't kick on. I'm working outta town in Des Moines, Iowa and I need heat, please help....lol
Purplehayze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 11:23 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplehayze View Post
I have a 2013 flagstaff 831flfs. When I turn my thermostat up for the furnace. The furnace makes a click sound, but the blower won't kick on. I'm working outta town in Des Moines, Iowa and I need heat, please help....lol
Does your water heater lite? Do the burners on your range lite? Not to be assuming, but have you checked to make sure your gas is turned on at the tank regulator?
If all other gas appliances are working, you may have a crimp in the gas line. If none of the other gas appliances are working, your regulator is stuck or you are out of gas, switch tanks.
Aviator Wright Flyer #1919
Army Pathfinder Vietnam, 3 tours
DAV, MOPH, VFW, NRA, 1stCav. ABN
Blackhat6mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 11:32 PM   #3

Yes, the work heater and range work. There's no clump in the line. The furnace makes a clicking sound when I turn the thermostat up. But the fan motor won't start. Was working fine found December 1 when I got up. Just started this, this morning.
Old 02-18-2016, 01:44 AM   #4

Had the same problem a few years ago needed to replace the fan motor. If you can access the fan try turning it 1/4 turn and try starting the furnace. If it starts then you have a dead spot on the fan motor.
caper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 04:27 AM   #5

Hate to say it but you have a blower problem, the blower should come on first not like a furnace at home, you might try what caper said. once the blower starts it closes a sail switch that will allow your burner to ignite.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 04:56 AM   #6

Ok, thanks I'll try that
Old 02-26-2016, 01:37 AM   #7

In a pinch, and if you have AC power, stop at a hardware or big box store and pick up an electric space heater. Good luck.

Tags
furnace