Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-30-2019, 07:49 PM   #1

Exclamation Furnace won't shut off sometimes?

Hello!

Not sure if "Propane Systems" is the place to post this or not, but when my furnace doesn't shut off, it uses a LOT of propane. ha.

So this morning, I wake up, walk into the living room. Super nice and toasty. Didn't even think about it. lol! Furnace is running. So at 82 degrees, my wife wakes up uncomfortable... waaa? Why so hot in here?

I've had this happen before. It was on day 1 of use. It's happened about 3x total over a year's time. Each time the only way to get it to shut off is to pull the 15amp breaker for "utils". Then you have to wait, sometimes an hour or so. Plug it back in and everything works normal again.

Is there something that is causing this? I'd hate to think I leave the trailer for a day and then come back a day or two later and find my trailer is cold because it burned through all the propane. Or worse, a symptom of something more dangerous.

Thanks for any help!

2018 Rockwood 2906 WS
Out in Pueblo, Colorado.

James
2012 Ram 2500HD 6.7L Cummins
Equal-i-zer 4 Point Hitch
stormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 08:03 PM   #2

Sounds like your tstat is on its way out or the controller board on your furnace.

Does the same happen with AC?
Old 05-30-2019, 09:25 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes79 View Post
Sounds like your tstat is on its way out or the controller board on your furnace.

Does the same happen with AC?

No. AC works good with 2 different zones.

In fact, in process of turning off the heater on the tstat on the wall, it will say "off" and the furnace is cooking away. (it's hot heat) I can even run the "ac" "when" the heater is doing it's thing and not shutting off. Tested that this morning. (obviously not for long)

James
2012 Ram 2500HD 6.7L Cummins
Equal-i-zer 4 Point Hitch
stormer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
furnace