Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-14-2014, 07:30 AM   #21

I use my compressor with a long wand nozzle and blow this out before I go camping , bee's , spiders and and other critters like to make this their home. Get a screen cover to go over it so this won't happen, at least the bee's and larger critters won't get in, air compressor will take care of the smaller and cobwebs.
Old 08-14-2014, 09:11 AM   #22
rce

Quote:
Originally Posted by COHR View Post
Sure thing. Reason I ask is that with my issue, it's coupled with another issue involving other appliances which appears may be linked to having something in the propane line. When my h/w starts burning and making that dripping sound, we're beginning to think what's in the line is being forced out the h/w propane line and burnt, leaving the residue which looks like burning embers under the flame.

Just curious if maybe someone else might be in the same boat.

Good luck!

Thanks! In my situation the burning embers appear to be on the metal plate mostly above the flame and (possibly) fall to below the flame. Rust or scaling just might be the issue after all. Still wondering though how safe to use?
rce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 09:18 AM   #23
rce

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0224 View Post
I use my compressor with a long wand nozzle and blow this out before I go camping , bee's , spiders and and other critters like to make this their home. Get a screen cover to go over it so this won't happen, at least the bee's and larger critters won't get in, air compressor will take care of the smaller and cobwebs.
Great ideas! I was using my compressor yesterday to fill bike tires. Never crossed my mind until now to use it to blow that crud out of the W/H compartment!

Also I'm thinking putting some metal screening around things would help keep burning embers from coming out the vent/chimney.

Hopefully once I get all the crud, rust, scaling scraped off and/or burnt off the problem will be gone?
rce is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
propane, tank