Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-20-2013, 12:07 PM   #1

Question Is This an Auto Changeover Regulator?

Once again I'm not trusting what my dealer told me. There was some paperwork that I rec'd that seemed to indicate that the LP would change over automatically but on my walk thru the man said that it wouldn't. Can anyone look at my attached photo and tell me if this is an auto changeover regulator.

Thanks again. One of these days I'll hopefully know all I need to know about my setup and can stop asking so many questions.

Jodi
Attached Images

jtintx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 12:40 PM   #2

I have my answer

Sorry folks...I tried to delete this thread but I guess we can't. I found the little tag that used to be on the propane tanks and it does say it is an auto changeover regulator. Should have looked better the first time. Again, sorry for wasting anyone's time.
Old 09-20-2013, 12:52 PM   #3

Trust me when I say you did no waste any of my time.
I read your OP but did not reply because I have a different system.
never mind that I had to have the walkthrough guy repeat what he said about the switch system on my trailer.

Old 09-20-2013, 07:34 PM   #4

I've got the exact same regulator as you and I've been meaning to check mine out. I just went outside and tried it. Open both bottles and point the arrow at the primary tank. I lit my stove and tried it then turned off the primary tank. It clicked a few times and the indicator went about 2/3 towards red and everything kept running. That answered my question about whether or not it would let me know if it switched over or not. I was told that you didn't have to have both bottles running for it to work, but both bottles needed to be connected.
Old 09-20-2013, 07:43 PM   #5
Always Learning

It took me running fully out of propane twice before I realized how to properly read my automatic switchover.

Don't delete the thread- you're not alone!
Old 09-20-2013, 08:36 PM   #6

This thread will be useful to others so don't worry about deleting and you are not wasting our time, for me time is on my hands that's why I sit here and read, you may know this but I'll enter a comment anyway for those who read and don't really understand how an auto change over works. 'Auto change over' does not mean the knob will turn to the other tank, it means when the primary tank goes empty the internals of the valve will allow flow from the other tank so if you want to take the primary tank off to be refilled be sure and turn the knob so the pointer is to the second tank before disconnecting the primary hose this way your appliances continue to work and the second tank becomes the primary.
2000 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager M-8357 MH, Ford Trident V10 Gasser, 35 foot.
Batts-toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 08:45 PM   #7

Thanks everyone. Hopefully it will help someone else.

It's kind of frustrating how I've found out that I was given misinformation on several things. You would think they would know this stuff better.
Old 09-20-2013, 08:56 PM   #8

We were the 6th couple that did a walkthrough (all done by one guy) that Friday.

I can see where after awhile things can get fuzzy, no idea how many he did in the four days before.
Old 09-20-2013, 09:27 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtintx View Post
Thanks everyone. Hopefully it will help someone else.

It's kind of frustrating how I've found out that I was given misinformation on several things. You would think they would know this stuff better.
It seams to be a pattern, my last TT they didn't even mention the propane system then when I bought the 26TBSS I have now I spefically asked and was told not it was not an auto change over when I read the user manual I found it was. The same guy though he believed he knows his stuff made it very obvious to me he didn't know what he was talking about when he explained the set up of my WD hitch.

About three weeks ago we went to Pardee Lake here in California and low and behold some people pulled in right behind us and parked next to us. Exact same 26TBSS as ours purchased from the same dealer, same person did his walk through and had his WDH all sc----- up. And oh yea we live in the same town.
Old 09-21-2013, 09:04 AM   #10

When I asked if it was a auto changeover he told me there was no such thing...like he had never heard of it before. Then he told me mine didn't do that. It's just frustrating. I'm worried that if something major comes up they won't know how to handle it and if I don't know anything about it that I'll get suckered. But I least I have this forum and Google to help me out. :-)
Old 09-21-2013, 09:39 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtintx View Post
When I asked if it was a auto changeover he told me there was no such thing...like he had never heard of it before. Then he told me mine didn't do that. It's just frustrating. I'm worried that if something major comes up they won't know how to handle it and if I don't know anything about it that I'll get suckered. But I least I have this forum and Google to help me out. :-)
What I have noticed is either a saleperson or a shop assistant was doing the walk throughs. I think you will find the shop crews well qualified (for the most part) especially at well established long term dealerships, if you have a problem ask this forum before going to the shop and I am sure you will get some good advice there are a lot of experienced folks here willing to help out with troubleshooting and have a good idea of what a service should cost you.

Most of all Enjoy.