Old 08-29-2011, 09:43 PM   #31
I have took a few days of but haven't given up. Thanking u guys for listening and helping me. Since my last post I've disconnected the furnace and made sure connection was good (assuming the wiring is right, not sure what previous owner my have done), I've also remove the connection line from the back of the furnace regulator that extends back around to the back of the furnace where it enters inside the furnace. This line was clog so I cleaned it out by tapping and using air compressor. seemed to be clogged more in the line that was inside the furnace where I noticed a brass fitting with a tiny hole in it. I could blow through it now after cleaning it. So I put it all back together but still no luck!!!!! I really though I had it this time. I'm thinking it's either something to do with the regulator that's on the side of the furnace or something to do with pressure. Forgive me I am new to this.

Thanks again,

jbdesign_69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 09:48 PM   #32
Also I have replace the pigtail. So far i have replace the regulator next to the propane tank, the pigtail, new fuse and switch to another tank.

Old 08-29-2011, 09:54 PM   #33
Site Team - Lou

I hate to say it, but sometimes you got to call in an expert.
Knowing when that point arrives is half the battle.

While we try to be of assistance we can't be there looking over your shoulder and in reality very few here are "experts;" just campers just like you with varying degrees of experience.

In the end, it is your camper. You should be camping and not fussing with the furnace. Once you hit the limit of your experience; and then ours; it is time to haul that puppy to a service center. Look on the SUBURBAN (or your furnace's manufacturer's) web site for your closest repair center. It may well be your dealer, but in my case it was literally across the street for my Dometic refrigerator.

Remember you are dealing with propane and a misstep can be catastrophic. That is not to say you can't fix propane systems yourself, just that you need to know what you are doing to be safe at it. Once you pass your comfort zone; call in an expert. Just Sayin'

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 10:03 PM   #34
X2. Especially when things can go boom or possibly kill you even if they don't. We humans don't do well breathing L.P. gas.

Safe and happy camping.
ittle dew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 10:11 PM   #35
Very true guys!!! Thanks.. Just confirming what the girlfriend been telling me all along...hahahaha I hate to admit
Old 08-30-2011, 06:42 AM   #36
Site Team
If you (or someone else) manages to figure out what is wrong PLEASE post
back here and tell us what you found!
Dan & Rita D
2004 5.3L Silverado 1500 ext. cab 2WD
1999 Suzuki Intruder Motorcycle
Blue Ox WD hitch, AirLift load levelers

Camping days 2010-53, 2011-47, 2012-41,
2013-41, 2014-31, 2015-40, 2016-38
KyDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 08:09 AM   #37
humm... if the little brass fitting with the small hole; if it is on the end of the line open into the burner, it could be replugging. it doesn't take much to plug them. may want to try cleaning that again. before u do that, give the furnace a few more tries; if u haven't established a flow, u still may not be air free on the propane line between the propane tank and solenoid valve.
look up inside the burner (the part the orifice blows into) and see if something is in there. that won't cause ur problem but it's a good idea to see if it is clear.
if that fails, it is time to get an experienced set of eyes on it.

jimh is offline   Reply With Quote