Old 08-23-2011, 08:00 PM   #1
Low LP flow in 2007 Flagstaff model 208

New to the rv world. I just bought this pop up camper and I can't seem to get the furnace to work. The blower is running and the ignition clicker is sparking (can see it sparking through the little hole in the front of the furnace). Things I have noticed is my fridge pilot light comes on and stays on but even after hours of running still very little cooling ( gas is on high and it light and temp knob is on the highest level 7). My three burner stove is running with seems to be lots of flame but no changes in the flame level when i go from low-med-hi. Also my out side BBQ that hooks up on the door side seem to light up just fine but girlfriend did notice that when I was using the BBQ and she was using the stove that the flame strength lessen. The tank is full. Thanks in advance for any help.

jbdesign_69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 08:06 PM   #2
It would help if you stated what actually happens when you attempt to light it. Make sure the gas has been purged in the lines, are your batteries charged? Plugged into shore power?

flyrotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 08:19 PM   #3
Originally Posted by flyrotor
It would help if you stated what actually happens when you attempt to light it. Make sure the gas has been purged in the lines, are your batteries charged? Plugged into shore power?
Sorry I hit send by mistake.
Old 08-24-2011, 06:28 AM   #4
Flagstaff 625D Popup
There is a safety valve in the new propane tanks that limits the flow if it detects a leak. Problem is, if you open the tank valve quickly it triggers the safety.

Turn off the tank. Wait a couple minutes. Turn the tank back on VERY SLOWLY (at least at the start).

See if that fixes it.

bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 06:32 AM   #5
I second the purge the lines vote. If mine sits a week or two between camping trips, I need to purge the lines to the stove, the fridge, the water heater and the furnace. It just takes longer to light because you have to get past the air in the line. This is because I turn off my gas when breaking camp and take the pressure off the system by running the stove until it dies. This way I don't have pressurized lines while storing or towing it. I know I am over doing the safety thing but so what. Better safe than sorry.

Hope it helps.
ittle dew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 06:39 AM   #6
Site Team
What he said but if that doesn't fix it I think you have a defective tank
or a defective regulator.
Can you swap tanks and try again?
Use your grill tank or temporarily borrow one from a friend.
It seems like I've heard from folks who had a similar condition and it
turned out to be a defective hose-- that's the "pig tail" hose that runs
from your tank to your regulator.

If you're in warranty it's a job for their service shop.

What you are describing is not normal.

Good luck!
Dan & Rita D
2004 5.3L Silverado 1500 ext. cab 2WD
1999 Suzuki Intruder Motorcycle
Blue Ox WD hitch, AirLift load levelers

Camping days 2010-53, 2011-47, 2012-41,
2013-41, 2014-31, 2015-40, 2016-38
KyDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 06:50 AM   #7
I had low gas pressure, outside grill and fridg wouldn't lite. Not sure about the furnace. They adjusted the regulator at my dealer. All works fine now.

The fridg could take 24 hours or better to cool. So give it some time. Also depends on outside temps. While temps were in the 100's here, seems like mine would just barely get cool enough.

Gary & Trish
"PT Crew Member Since 11/2010"
2017 Prime Time Crusader 315RST TE 6.0 : 2007 Flagstaff 206ST MAC Series
2012 F-250 Lariat : FX4 : CC : SB : 6.7L Diesel : 3/55 Gears

2016 Nights Camped - 9
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 10:22 PM   #8
K I have tried a few things but nothing worked yet. I have changed the regulator with a new one, changed tanks, purged the lines. I have turned the on valve very slowly. I have pulled my furnace out and check to see if everything was connection. I disconnected the propane line directly from the furnace and turn the propane on and I'm getting propane. I unscrewed the L shape connection to a regulator on the furnace and all is clean, no dirt in the screen in the regulator (the one attached to the fridge). My ignition flickers is 100% working and the blower is as will. 3-2-1 1-2-3 what the hick is bothering me!!!!!! Also i replaced the thermostat and re wired it the same way it came of. The guy I purchased it of didn't know much about it at all

All help advice is greatly appreciated!!!!!!!

St. John's, Newfoundland
Old 08-25-2011, 07:06 AM   #9
j- what is the model/make of the furnace? that might help with a solution.
link: RV Furnace Trouble Shooting - RV Furnace Trouble Shooting Page

2007 Chevy 2500HD CC
2010 V-Lite 30WRLTS
Nights Camped 2011 -64
Nights Camped 2012 -50
"I Live in My Own World, But It's OK. They Know Me"
tentcamper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 07:20 AM   #10
sounds like everything is satisfied. have u checked the voltage at the solenoid valve? when the spark comes on, u should have 12 volts there. if u aren't getting 12 volts there, sounds like ur control board. (you can turn the gas off and make the voltage test. a check at the valve would be my first thing. if u don't have voltage there, check voltage where these wires (solenoid wires) connect to the control the remote event there is a bad slip on contacts or a broke wire)
does it go into lock out? blower continues to run but spark stops. i'd have to go back and see how long it should spark, then it goes into a 15 purge. does this 3 times then locks out.
i'm sending u what i have abt the suburban furnace. maybe it will help out.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf suberban furnace.pdf (804.8 KB, 27 views)

jimh is offline   Reply With Quote