Old 09-05-2012, 09:35 AM   #11
Originally Posted by Chuckinca View Post
We use the grill that came with the TT all the time - works fine. Not a great idea to use it with the awning down tho.

Please explain. I use mine with the awning down all the time. There's 5-6 feet clearance above the grill to the awning. Do you have 6 foot flare-ups when you bbq?

2011 F150 SuperCrew 5.0 4x4
2012 Flagstaff 27BESS
pappcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 09:36 AM   #12
Mod free 5er
Originally Posted by Glenn Woerz View Post
I have the optional BBQ that connects to the quick connect LPG line and it works great, but I would like to use the quick connect in conjunction with a camp stove so I won't have to cook in or along side the camper. I am confused as to what part(s) to purchase. On the end of my female connection for the quick connect it reads '1/2" 50M BTU/H LPG.' What is the compatible male end of the connection that would connect to the camp stove?
Why not just use the one that came with the trailer? You can use the rack that hooks on the trailer by just sitting it on a table and sitting the grill on it. The grill has T brackets on both ends that will accept the stand whether it is vertical or horizontal.

If you want to get it farther from the trailer, you will have to buy a section of hose and cut and splice it onto the original hose, which is what I did. No problem and solves the problem if you are skeptical about using the grill while it is attached to the trailer. We've used it on the side of the trailer for 5 yrs and not had any problem at all even with the awning deployed.

OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:09 AM   #13
I guess I should not have mentioned "along side." We Have a Flagstaff 227 with the stove permanently affixed inside the camper.

I just ordered what appears to be the correct connection part from Camper's World. I have read various pro and con comments in regards to removing the regulator on the camp stove. I will try it both ways.
Glenn Woerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 11:43 AM   #14
This is the male connector that fits your outside fitting Hansen, MB Sturgis 250 Low Pressure Quick Connect Plug

Broadway Joe is offline   Reply With Quote