Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-26-2014, 09:47 AM   #21

My last two thoughts would be to turn the fan to on and maybe see if you can tap the furnace where the propane comes in with a hammer or screw driver. If you can look at it maybe see if you can see loose wires or ??? I used the wife's phone camera to get a picture of places my head will not fit into. Not the same as looking at something but at least it is a picture. My thinking is that something is loose causing the furnace to not even try and light. It was working so maybe it is just dirt that came loose from the trip and is making problems.
As for the electric heater I would buy one that has variable temp and wattage settings, don't feel bad about the money issue for the heater. You are going to be buying more things for your unit as you spend more time in it.
Good luck with the ideas.

2006 F350 6.0 with 3.73 gears, 4X4, Extra-Cab Long Box, Oil/Tranny/P.S. Coolers. Coolant filter. SCT Livewire.
2011 Cedar Creek 36RE, Auto levelers + too much to list..!
puff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 12:51 PM   #22

Thank you guys for all the help!!!! Not sure yet whats wrong, lose wire or something in the intake?? I started to pull the furnace out not knowing the stat was calling and it turned on... Well I'm going to let it run and having the dealer look at it when I'm back home thanks again
"Duramax"

B&W companion slider
cronek28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 12:53 PM   #23

Loose connection somewhere..! Either way in your families eyes your a god..! Or at least a good dad..!

2006 F350 6.0 with 3.73 gears, 4X4, Extra-Cab Long Box, Oil/Tranny/P.S. Coolers. Coolant filter. SCT Livewire.
2011 Cedar Creek 36RE, Auto levelers + too much to list..!
puff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 01:05 PM   #24
Site Team - Lou

Another copper washed zinc.

There is a resettable current limiter near the furnace in some installations.
Check to see if you have one and if the pin in the side has popped.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-20281020.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	51002   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-855291825.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	47.3 KB
ID:	51003  
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 03:34 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by cronek28 View Post
Jumping red to white doesn't do anything. I still think its weird the ac makes that one click sound. My digital stat only has fan, cool, furnace, on off mode buttons

Jumping red to white will do nothing. This only works on a conventional gas heater for a home or commercial unit. These RV stats are 12v dc
Todouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 09:41 PM   #26
Site Team

almost all of us use an electric heater, ceramic or oil-filled, to supplement the propane furnace.

you should have already bought one or two as part of your camping gear, if you camp with hookups.

saves propane. and they don't cost $50. you can get a ceramic heater at Walmart for about $20.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 09:53 PM   #27

With everything off operate the up and down buttons that you use to set the temp. It will show "Auto", "Hi", "Lo". Make sure it is on "Auto".
Don't know if that is the problem but worth checking. A call to your dealers service department is in order.
And as suggested, get an electric heater to take the chill off. A lot quieter to sleep with.
Camped 2016-71, 2017-33, 2018-29 booked
KT4W
BooBoo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 10:35 PM   #28

I'll be cheaking into electric after this but we normally do not use much heat. And I have no idea what they run. Thanks again
"Duramax"

B&W companion slider
cronek28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 08:21 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
almost all of us use an electric heater, ceramic or oil-filled, to supplement the propane furnace.

you should have already bought one or two as part of your camping gear, if you camp with hookups.

saves propane. and they don't cost $50. you can get a ceramic heater at Walmart for about $20.
X2
Kuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 04:58 PM   #30

Heaters work as follows - two wires (usually red and white) into the heater to supply 12VDC - two wires (usually blue) one to the thermostat and one coming back from the thermostat. The thermostat is basically an off/on switch that activates the circuit board in the heater. The circuit board is what actually controls the heater.

When the thrermostat closes completing the circuit the circuit board starts the fan. The air blowing from the fan closes a "sail" switch to let the it know the fan in running. Then the circuit board signals the gas valve to open and the iginiter to spark. It will try three times to light. If it does not light (no heat detected) the system shuts down. At this point the system must be turned to Off and back On again to restart the lighting sequence. If this occurs you should hear the clicking of the igniiter.

So if the heater has 12 volts and the thermostat sends a signal at least the fan should run. If the fan does not run then either you do not have 12VDC to the heater or the thermostat is not working.

If the fan runs and the igniter clicks but does not light usually there is no propane. Several times with a low propane bottle and cold weather the furnace would not light. The cold weather apparently lowered the pressure enough in the propane bottle so it did not supply enough propane for the furnace.

If you can easily get to the furnace first check that you have 12VDC available. Second is to find the two small wires (usually bundled with the 12VDC wires) and tie them together at the furnace - this will bypass the thermostat.

Note it takes "hot" 12VDC to make the heater circuit board work. If you are below about 10.5VDC it will not work. Of course it is possible that the circuit board is toast in which case nothing works.
cadman99 is offline   Reply With Quote