Originally Posted by poorbuthappy
mine did the same thing, I could be plugged into shore power and it would still do it. replaced the batteries, worked like a charm. when the fan starts running, it draws too many amps, the control board or something says whoa, shuts it down with out firing up.
We've been having the same issue on our 2015 Vibe. Heat worked great in Colorado in June but now it's acting up on shore power.
1. Turn on Thermostat to heat and 5 degrees above current temp
2. Blower kicks in
3. 15 seconds later, Ignitor clicks and starts to blow hot air
4. Works great for about 2-3 minutes
5. Air temp begins to cool and after another 60-90 seconds the blower stops running. About a 5 minute cycle each time.
6. Air temp on Thermostat remains more than 2 degrees below desired temp.
7. Turning off Thermostat and back on, I can duplicate the process exactly.
8. Stove flame does not change when furnace kicks in.
9. Air temp from outside furnace vent is hot (very) when heater is working, but cools when air temp being blown through ducts cools.
10. 2 full tanks on manual switch regulator, did tap it a few times with a block, no change.
11. RV Battery is dead
, so I guess this is my next test based on Poor's comment, although not exactly the same, could be related.
I really don't want to take it to get serviced, it's barely out of warranty and I'll be really upset if it's costly to fix! Of course if I have no choice, then I just start to dislike Forest River products!
I'll let you know what happens. Thanks!
If anyone has any other suggestions, I'd appreciate it.