Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-30-2014, 02:03 PM   #1

Pilot light on Suburban oven will not stay lit

I have a 2013 Sabre with a Suburban over/stove. All the RV propane appliances work fine at all elevations except for the oven. The pilot light will start easily but when the oven temperature reaches the selected temp, everything goes out, including the pilot (even if the oven is the only item currently using propane). This is very easy to duplicate at higher elevations (2500 ft), however my dealer is at a lower elevation and the problem is more difficult to duplicate. It will fail at sea level, but less frequently. I also get popping noises sometimes at lower elevations from the pilot light when the over burner is going (pilot continuously trying to lite makes the popping sound). Had the camper to the dealer 2x now. Said he made an adjustment one time and cleaned the thermocouple the second time. Still does not work. Called forest river and they suggested I get a mobile tech next time I go camping at elevation. I called a mobile technician to test that option but he said he cannot be sure he will fix the problem and he would not typically carry the parts to replace (would need to order) so this is not a good option while on vacation, plus he charges $185 for each visit. Any suggestions?
Wes1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light, suburban