Old 05-31-2015, 12:55 PM   #11
Piped Gas

I had tried to use the gas hook through a Flagstaff "A" frame and with the regulators they have on the system, you barely got enough heat to do anything. I gave up on that and just got a Weber 50060001 Q 1000 Liquid Propane Grill, bought a folding stand for it and a small 5 lb tank and it works great. A little slow heating up but gives me all the heat I want. I like a hot grill. Now have a Flagstaff Micro Lite FRBS and don't even bother trying to hook up the supplied grill. : Weber 50060001 Q 1000 Liquid Propane Grill : Freestanding Grills : Patio, Lawn & Garden

Ford F-150 4X4
2015 Flagstaff Micro Lite FRBS
2013 Flagstaff "A" Frame - Traded Up.
Camping Days 2013 - 24
Camping Days 2014 - 21
Projected Camping Days 2015 - 30
Loneeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 02:02 PM   #12
Originally Posted by Stchila View Post
We have a 2014, bought a Coleman road trip grill and tried hooking into our pre piped propane tank and the grill will not work. Anyone have an answer?
I just recently bought an 08 Flagstaff fifth wheel and it appeared to be set up for the outside grill. When we look for the hose it didn't exist. The dealer told me he would have to run a high pressure line to attach those to because the outside grill requires high pressure. Instead, he gave me a 20 pound bottle and a hose to attach to the grill. See the attached photo.

I actually prefer this because when I use the grill I'm not draining my 30 pound tanks. In my 20 pound tank gets low it's easy to exchange. Not only that I can use the grill anyplace I want such as on the picnic table if I choose. I can also use the tank to hook up my Coleman two burner stove for my want.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1st-s-Edit-2nd.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	341.8 KB
ID:	78621  

07 Dodge 1500 crew cab with 20" wheels, 08 Forest River Rockwood Signature Ultra-lite 8280SS
"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
George Bernard Shaw
oldtool2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 07:40 PM   #13
The grills regulator has a small bottle gas connector on it. Go ahead and keep that reg and add a female quick connect to it. That way if you want to carry your grill down to the river side for instance you can still use the throw away bottles. Best of both worlds.

2016 Wildcat 295RSX - 2015 GMC 2500HD DblCab Duramax/Allison 4x4 Z71 6.6' Bed
Maxxis 16" E; Ride Rite AirBags w/AirLift 1 wireless compr; Adv.Folding 4 Cover
Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5erhitch on Reese Flipball w/Curt 4" offset ball
LCI Ground Control 3.0 4pt + 2pt Elec.Rear stabilizers; 3 Slidecovers; 10ft. Portabote
6000# Dexters; mor/Ryde CRE3000 w/HD Wetbolts; King Dish Tailgater; 5hp Outboard
Dual A/C; Furrion 48 Rear Camera; Champion 3100 Inverter w/Extended Run
hbillsmith is online now   Reply With Quote