Old 10-04-2012, 02:40 PM   #1

propane problem

I'm having problems with gas flow to my stove. It will only burn one burner at a time. When I try lighting another with the other on they both go out. I've tried just one tank at a time and the driver side is the only one that is getting gas but only enough for one burner at a time. When I tried the furnace the green dial will turn red? Maybe regulator? Thanks for any info.

Old 10-04-2012, 02:53 PM   #2
Site Team - Lou

You are opening your propane tanks too fast and tripping the leak shutoff valve.

Close your tanks and wait for at least 5 minutes. Then S L O W L Y open the valve. It should take about 5 seconds to make that first revolution. This will allow the gas to slowly pressurize the gas lines and prevent the safety device in the pigtail from closing.

If you are still having issues after doing this your pigtails are bad and will need to be replaced. DO NOT "blow them out" with compressed air as you will destroy your regulators (don't ask how I know).

Search on "red regulator" if you are curious.

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:02 PM   #3
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by herk7769 View Post
You are opening your propane tanks too fast and tripping the leak shutoff valve.

Close your tanks and wait for at least 5 minutes. Then S L O W L Y open the valve. It should take about 5 seconds to make that first revolution. This will allow the gas to slowly pressurize the gas lines and prevent the safety device in the pigtail from closing.

If you are still having issues after doing this your pigtails are bad and will need to be replaced. DO NOT "blow them out" with compressed air as you will destroy your regulators (don't ask how I know).

Search on "red regulator" if you are curious.
You are 100% correct on blowing the pigtails while still connected to the regulator. Best to remove the hoses from the regulator and then have a look down them or run a coat hanger down them. The diaphrams blow pretty easy don't they? Also 'been there, done that', one time.