Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-01-2014, 08:07 PM   #1

Propane scare on new 2014 Wildwood 21RBS

Hi all
Third trip with our WW 21rbs, out to LaConner, Washington again! First night out, I noticed a "sewage" smell, I thought it was because it was the first time we had a sewer hookup, maybe it was venting?? (Newb here!) My wife was packing our clothes away, and when she opened up the front clothes wardrobe, the smell of propane was overwhelming. I checked the tanks, and could actually hear the "hiss" coming from the main line off the tanks.(into the frame coupler) Turned them off right away, and in the morning bought some gas leak detector from Camping World. I thought it was a loose connector, but tightening the coupler nut up did no good, and the leak detector showed me it was coming from the hose connection, and not the nut itself. (if that makes sense). Has anyone else had this sort of thing happen to them with a brand new trailer? I'm ok with the sink leaking, but a potentially life threating issue like this??
thumperpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 08:14 PM   #2

Could be your regulator failed. ....been happening a lot. Either way, I Would get it checked out pretty soon.

'Pa Pa's Palace'

2014 Sportscoach Crosscountry 405FK
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
CSMRetired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 04:31 PM   #3

We just camped out for the first time with our Wildcat Maxx 5th, noticed the strong rotting eggs smell, did the old soap/water and sure enough bubbles forming where the hose from the far tank meets the regulator, that plus the hose was loose looking as well, turned off the propane and took it in to my local Wildcat dealer who fixed it, problem is the dealer where I bought it apparently didn't perform the "PDI", shot them an email, which they've only replied once to my many emails, took it in for 6 repairs already. Hopefully all of these faults are behind me.
Backtoreality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 04:06 PM   #4

We have brought her in for the propane leak, as well as a multitude of "break in" issues. The rep in the service department seemed shocked that this problem occurred, he said that it was "most unusual", and blamed QC at Forest River. Whatever, I'm just glad it didn't have tragic results.....CSM, it wasn't the regulator, it definetely was the hose leading from the tanks into the frame coupler-not sure what it is called exactly.
thumperpaul is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2014, propane, wildwood