Old 08-22-2010, 11:15 PM   #1

propane smell

Hi everyone I have a 2006 28.5 BHS and have had numerous propane leake had it back to the dealer twice and they figured they had it fixed but this year it is back again couple of times it even set off the sensor took all lines off and resealed them and hauled the trailer to camp and it was back next step is trade it off am very unhappy any help would be apreciated

Old 08-22-2010, 11:18 PM   #2

Welcome to the forums.

First things First. You really need to change your username to something other than an email address as this is very dangerous to your online security. If you need any help doing this let me know and we can work it out.

Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 11:21 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecfer@hotmail.com View Post
Hi everyone I have a 2006 28.5 BHS and have had numerous propane leake had it back to the dealer twice and they figured they had it fixed but this year it is back again couple of times it even set off the sensor took all lines off and resealed them and hauled the trailer to camp and it was back next step is trade it off am very unhappy any help would be apreciated

You haven't said what the dealer found?
Was it just lose connections or damaged lines or leaking regulator or leaking refrigerator, or leaking stove or ?

I would continue to have the dealer take care of it again but you need to find out what is leaking and how they are repairing it.

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 12:01 AM   #4

Hi John they originally found the stove top leaking but I have checked and rechecked all fittings and can not find any leaks it only seams to smell after hauling on the road so am not sure if the flexing and bounces are to blame it really seems to be in th tank area. I even took all the lines off in the tank area and resealed the next is to take the regulaator out and get a new one or test the old one. Also do you know how I can chande the name on the profile??????????
Old 08-23-2010, 12:29 AM   #5

If you smell it inside after travelling then it can only be the stove or possibly the heater. Those are the only 2 things inside. All the rest are outside , hot water heater, refrigerator. I would pass that information to to the dealer and let them work on it.
All they do is have some water and liquid soap and spray around all the fillings.
You can do it yourself if you feel comfortable doing it. When you find a leak the mixture will make it bubble at the location. Liquid dish soap and water in a spray bottle but you will have to make sure you check everything completly or like I said let the dealer do it.

Good luck.

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 12:46 AM   #6

thecfer.......if you need help changing your profile name go up to NWJeeper's post and click on the name NWJeeper. Click on send a private message in the drop down menu and ask him for help. He will then get back to you with help probably by private message also. Old Guys
p.s. be sure you are logged in to send the message
Old 08-23-2010, 06:30 AM   #7

If as you said "it only smells after traveling" have you looked that the refegerator. Do you put it on gas and if so does it work, maybe some how the oder is being blowen back down the refer and into the camper. Might be worth checking this area.

cardinal4fun is offline   Reply With Quote