Old 04-23-2015, 08:51 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinmaker View Post
I think I recall hearing that LP tanks mounted within a motorhome are exempt from the 10 year rule. Something about being regulated by the DOT and 20lb tanks being regulated by some other agency.

Maybe someone can comment also.
I was told that anything propane that goes over the road needs to be inspected every five years. I don't know if that's an Ontario thing or what, but the camper I bought had been in Alberta then Quebec before I got it at the start of April.

Old 04-24-2015, 01:14 AM   #12

We're getting off-topic here, but I'm still curious...

The only reference I found to a 5-year recertification period was "Automotive tanks used for motor fuel must be inspected and recertified every 5 years at a government approved facility." All other cylinders were 10-years except "Propane tanks that are permanently mounted to structures or vehicles do not have to be recertified, but they must be visually inspected every time they are filled to ensure that they are acceptable for use."

Reference: Toronto Refill Propane Service Tanks Cylinders Gas Gases Refillable Toronto Rentals Propane Refill Toronto Recertification Requalification Ontario

Its probably also in https://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/tdg/moc-cyl...ab339-325.html but in keeping with usual Canadian government practice, you can't read that online unless you register.

So I assume the engine in your vehicle is burning propane from the cylinder of which you speak? I didn't get that it was a propane-fueled engine from your initial description.

Self restraint is for the young. I'm old and want it NOW!
DaveSchwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 06:48 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveSchwartz View Post
So I assume the engine in your vehicle is burning propane from the cylinder of which you speak? I didn't get that it was a propane-fueled engine from your initial description.
No, mine has a gas engine. The propane tank is only for the furnace/stove etc. I agree, there does seem to be a lot of confusion wrt propane certification.
Old 04-24-2015, 07:04 AM   #14

Have you considered attaching with some 3m automotive double sided tape? Not sure exactly where you are putting them, hanging down or completely flat against something else where flexing won't be too bad of an issue.
If hanging and flexing is an issue maybe you could have a small stainless strip across the top to screw/bolt thru so tearing won't be an issue and look a little nicer than washers.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 04-24-2015, 07:18 AM   #15

I'm thinking of putting the flaps inside the wall where the arrow is pointing.

The flaps are far too long to mount vertically without cutting them shorter, then I thought if I put them sideways, I wouldn't need to cut them, and they'd cover better.

The propane tank is right behind this wall.

Still pondering it at this point.
Old 04-24-2015, 04:27 PM   #16

My Sunseeker MH came standard with running boards and has a stone guard on the front of the running board. The running board runs to the leading edge of the coach body. I see no running board on your rig were they removed?
Old 04-24-2015, 07:47 PM   #17

No sign of there ever having been running boards on this one. I went out and looked again to be sure, but I see nothing to indicate that kind of installation.

Tags
propane, tank