Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-08-2014, 08:47 PM   #1

Quick Connect Tee?

Hi. I bought a new travel trailer that has a single female quick connect adapter near the outside kitchen.
My question is, is there a tee adapter I can purchase so I can hook up my camp stove and my bbq to that single connector at the same time. Or do I have to have one custom made? I haven't been able to find anything that fits the bill...a male quick connect teeing to two female quick connects.
And yes I realize that my stove and bbq are high pressure and the outlet is low pressure and have purchased the necessary parts to convert them to run on low pressure.
warno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 09:30 PM   #2

The hose and connections should have came with the camper. Did you look in the drawer or cabinets in the outside kit. If they are not there ask your Dealer to replace them at no cost to you, as 'some one' walked off with them.

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 09:33 PM   #3

I didn't know that a tee adapter was a standard feature on an tt.
To be clear, the stove and bbq were not included with the unit. They are mine that I owned previously.
Most trailers I've looked at only have the single quick connect for propane.
Old 03-08-2014, 09:52 PM   #4
Site Team

if that is a quick connect propane line, it won't work with most camp stoves/grills, cause most are high pressure and that line is low pressure.
the only aftermarket stoves that work with it, are Camp Chef ones and similar knockoffs of theirs.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 09:54 PM   #5

I thought that the camp stove came with the camper? My bad.

The answer to your question is yes you can buy the adapter the you need. I live close to a Camping World and they have a wide array of propane hoses and adapters. I would think that any camper sales that sell parts may have the adapters that you may need. I also know of a hardware store that sells grills has a wide selection. You may have to change an end of a propane hose or add something to it, but it should be very easy to figure out.

Old 03-08-2014, 10:07 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
if that is a quick connect propane line, it won't work with most camp stoves/grills, cause most are high pressure and that line is low pressure.
the only aftermarket stoves that work with it, are Camp Chef ones and similar knockoffs of theirs.

Interesting to know. I always take an extra 20pound tank for my table to grill. Now I will want to see if my outside kit propane connector will work on my other grill.

Old 03-08-2014, 10:15 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
I don't mean to be rude, but did you even read my post?
I clearly said I knew this and had taken the proper steps to convert my stove and bbq.
Old 03-08-2014, 10:17 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Les View Post
I thought that the camp stove came with the camper? My bad.

The answer to your question is yes you can buy the adapter the you need. I live close to a Camping World and they have a wide array of propane hoses and adapters. I would think that any camper sales that sell parts may have the adapters that you may need. I also know of a hardware store that sells grills has a wide selection. You may have to change an end of a propane hose or add something to it, but it should be very easy to figure out.
Thanks for the tips. I've seen some brass tees online. I'll hit up the Rv supply and see if they have the right quick connect parts.
Old 03-08-2014, 11:04 PM   #9
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by warno View Post
I don't mean to be rude, but did you even read my post?
I clearly said I knew this and had taken the proper steps to convert my stove and bbq.
my bad also!

i just read the first part and didn't read the whole post.
it might help others if you post the parts and instructions on how you do this mod.
there are tons of posts asking about using the low pressure line, with high pressure stoves and grills. i'm sure many would be interested.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 12:54 AM   #10

Hey, no worries!
I will post how I end up doing this once the snow melts.