Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-19-2015, 02:05 PM   #1

Safe T Alert Co/Lp w Solenoid no power

I understand these things go bad. I have a 2012 Georgetown, it has a Safe T Alert CO/LP detector w solenoid cutoff valve. Model 70-742-R-AL-Ki. It has gone through cycles of chirping like others have described so I decided to replace it. Removed the old parts and replaced them, wired just as the ones removed. But now it seems I have no power to the detector. No green or red lights. Doesn't do anything when tested. Of course with no lights, no gas as the solenoid won't open. Has anyone replaced these, inside detector and the solenoid on the gas line? Would anyone have any idea if and where there would be a fuse for this. I can't find anything else not working so it doesn't seem to be a breaker or main fuse. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Jmitch86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 03:30 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmitch86 View Post
I understand these things go bad. I have a 2012 Georgetown, it has a Safe T Alert CO/LP detector w solenoid cutoff valve. Model 70-742-R-AL-Ki. It has gone through cycles of chirping like others have described so I decided to replace it. Removed the old parts and replaced them, wired just as the ones removed. But now it seems I have no power to the detector. No green or red lights. Doesn't do anything when tested. Of course with no lights, no gas as the solenoid won't open. Has anyone replaced these, inside detector and the solenoid on the gas line? Would anyone have any idea if and where there would be a fuse for this. I can't find anything else not working so it doesn't seem to be a breaker or main fuse. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Look under you steps. The fuse is an inline type directly off the battery or attached to a direct interconnect to the battery.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 04:32 PM   #3

This may be of some use. Although it doesn't say that a specific fuse in the battery control center panel is for your issue wouldn't hurt to check them.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf batcont1.pdf (252.6 KB, 47 views)
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 10:04 PM   #4

Thanks for your response. I've looked in both places and there are a lot of wires but I don't find a fuse around the battery. I'll keep looking, there must be a wiring diagram some where that identifies where the fuse is. I may just have to take it in to a dealer if I can't find the fuse. It's about to turn cold around here.
Thanks again
Old 11-19-2015, 10:44 PM   #5

Thanks again. I located the fuse.
Hopefully that will make things work.
Gracious, gracious🙂
Old 11-20-2015, 01:25 PM   #6

Safe T Alert Power

Just ran into the same issue as described by another poster. Was a 5 amp fuse in the coach battery panel under the steps. Also, check battery voltage. The batteries have to have enough power for it to work.
JoelW101 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power