Old 04-25-2016, 09:06 AM   #21
Old Enough to Know Better
Originally Posted by JZales View Post
No. I don't smell or hear anything. I took off the bottom stove shield and sprayed connections and didn't see anything. However I am a little concerned that is currently the only stop valve.
Any idea how involved it is to replace the tank valve?
Depending on the valve manufacturer you might be able to rebuild the existing valve. But for that to be done the tank will need to be empty. Since its such a minor issue and your stove valves are not leaking, use the gas out of the tank then either have the dealer repair it or your local LP Gas Dealer

Jim & Debbie England
Do you have Gas? 2015 F350 6.2L CCLB DRW 4.30 axle. 2012 Yellowstone Ridgeline 34RLT Fifth Wheel
gasman6674 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 09:17 AM   #22
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew
Is there room to put a second valve just after the first valve? That would save you from empting the tank and replacing the first valve.

Ed & Ruthann / Toby and Tucker
2014 GMC Sierra Crewcab 2500 Duramax
2014 Wildcat 327ck
2015 129 nites
2016 40 nites
elind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 09:30 AM   #23
Makes Total sense that you have a "SLOW" leak that will build "Full Pressure" over a period of time! You need to have the Valve replaced and "Properly Checked" for leaks! This is a Very important safety issue ! Youroo!!
youroo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 09:34 AM   #24
Mod free 5er
I would still open the valve completely and then close it tightly. I think you just don't have the valve closed completely.

OldCoot is online now   Reply With Quote

light, propane, tank