Old 11-01-2014, 09:51 AM   #11
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Tundra View Post
I have a 2013 Wildwood travel trailer with a suburban furnace. Open both the propane tanks set the thermostat to furnace air flow was from the top Vance not the bottom but it was still cool. How long does it take to heat up and should the heat come from top or floor vents? Thanks
Same scenario happened to me last evening. I turned the thermostat MODE from FURNACE to FAN... then hit + until the fan setting moved to AU (for auto operation). Then I moved the MODE back to FURNACE and all was well.

Nights Camped: '13 = 49 / '14 = 74 / '15 = 74 / '16 = 85 / '17 = 110 / '18 = 0; booked = 28
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 10:21 AM   #12

Make sure your stat is set to heat and auto not to on that will blow air out of your top vents only, so you would only be circulating the air in the unit.

Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 01:32 PM   #13
Site Team

Even though several of us have Suburban furnaces, it's obvious we don't all have the same thermostats and, therefore, our exact terms don't match. My Dometic thermostat has 3 modes: Fan, Cool, Furnace. While in Fan mode, I have 3 settings: Hi, Lo, Au (for Auto). In Furnace mode with fan set to Au, I get warm air from rectangular floor vents and one round vent in the front face of a step in the stairs to the bathroom/bedroom of my 5th wheel.

Nights Camped: '13 = 49 / '14 = 74 / '15 = 74 / '16 = 85 / '17 = 110 / '18 = 0; booked = 28
Old 11-01-2014, 02:02 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dan View Post
Even though several of us have Suburban furnaces, it's obvious we don't all have the same thermostats and, therefore, our exact terms don't match. My Dometic thermostat has 3 modes: Fan, Cool, Furnace. While in Fan mode, I have 3 settings: Hi, Lo, Au (for Auto). In Furnace mode with fan set to Au, I get warm air from rectangular floor vents and one round vent in the front face of a step in the stairs to the bathroom/bedroom of my 5th wheel.
Exact same settings as my Coleman has. Which controls one furnace and one A/C. Difference NO outlet in the bathroom, and they use my stair riser for the return air grill.
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
Old 11-01-2014, 02:28 PM   #15
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
Make sure your stat is set to heat and auto not to on that will blow air out of your top vents only, so you would only be circulating the air in the unit.
I don't have a setting called heat... nor a setting called on.

Old 11-01-2014, 04:45 PM   #16

Quote:
I don't have a setting called heat... nor a setting called on.
Sure you do furnace is called heat, fan is called on only. A stat is a stat. Did you get a manual for the stat? to turn the heat on per your terms. is move the switch to furnace (heat) raise the temp, turn the other to auto that's the (fan) that will cycle with the furnace, if you only want the fan on (you should have off for heat or cool do not turn that on ) to circulate the air turn to on and air out of the a/c vents will blow not the floor vents. But the A/c will not start. What is the model of Stat do you have a name and model would be helpful, I'LL google it.
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
Old 11-01-2014, 06:50 PM   #17
Site Team

Quote:
Sure you do furnace is called heat, fan is called on only. A stat is a stat. Did you get a manual for the stat? to turn the heat on per your terms. is move the switch to furnace (heat) raise the temp, turn the other to auto that's the (fan) that will cycle with the furnace, if you only want the fan on (you should have off for heat or cool do not turn that on ) to circulate the air turn to on and air out of the a/c vents will blow not the floor vents. But the A/c will not start. What is the model of Stat do you have a name and model would be helpful, I'LL google it.

Huh?
My thermostat/furnace work right (see my post above). I'm trying to help Red Tundra understand that the terms may be different on different thermostats. My fan does not say ON anywhere... it says Hi, Lo, Au. The word HEAT is nowhere on the thermostat. I'm telling Red T. his "words" may be like yours, may be like mine. My stuff works right. Thanks.

Come back, Red Tundra!

Sent (I think)

Old 11-01-2014, 07:04 PM   #18

Quote:
Huh?
My thermostat/furnace work right (see my post above). I'm trying to help Red Tundra understand that the terms may be different on different thermostats. My fan does not say ON anywhere... it says Hi, Lo, Au. The word HEAT is nowhere on the thermostat. I'm telling Red T. his "words" may be like yours, may be like mine. My stuff works right. Thanks.

Come back, Red Tundra!

Sent (I think)
Okay I thought you were asking me being that you didn't mention the OP and your post was under mine. Sorry I guess I didn't pick that up.....
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
Old 11-01-2014, 07:21 PM   #19
Site Team

Quote:
Okay I thought you were asking me being that you didn't mention the OP and your post was under mine. Sorry I guess I didn't pick that up.....
It's cool. I quoted the SSP (second string poster - Red Tundra wasn't the OP but asked a similar question in the OP's thread) and told what it took to make my stuff work. You came in next and used different terms. Since I have seen that knock some questioners in the ditch, I spent some typing time trying to say the terms may not be the exact same across stat makers.

Old 11-01-2014, 09:50 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Tundra View Post
Thanks VinceU. I thought so. It originally was coming from floor vents then stopped and started from top. Any idea what to check for. Thanks
As mentioned I would start with putting the main fan on Auto or Au and stop that noise when operating. Then start the furnace and listen for the fan whirr for about 10 secs. Then you should hear the fire start up or at least some clicking of it attempting to fire up. Before hand make sure you can light all three burners on the stove with steady full flames. This proves adequate gas flow to the system. There's some excellent troubleshooting stoves in the help section. Use Suburban stove troubleshoot in the search block at the top of every FRR page. Keep us informed for more help.

Tags
furnace, suburban