Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-13-2013, 12:54 PM   #21
Denver, CO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmsey View Post
I still use the infrared temp gun I carry to check the propane levels. It works well for determining where the propane is in the tank, and I already have it with me for tires\hubs while traveling.
That's a fricking GREAT idea, for those that have a IR gun, and like me have not thought of this application. Again, the tank has to be actively delivering propane for the temperature differential to develop betwenn the liquid level and the gas.
Old 09-14-2013, 01:13 PM   #22

well, I broke down at the Hershey Show yesterday and bought one of the ultrasonic detectors. It is going to be handy just to know about how much is left in my tanks. Of course I checked out my tanks as soon as I got home.

Here is my reasoning to get one....It will be real convenient to have a general idea of how much gas is left in my tank(s) when I'm prepping for a trip, instead of removing the tank and weighing it. Especially if I'm heading by the propane store for something else. Just like I like to keep stocked up on beer and gasoline for emergencies, I like to keep plenty of propane for my fridge to keep said beer cold

Really though I also like gadgets.