Old 09-29-2014, 01:11 PM   #1

Use quick Connect with regular gas grill

Hello,

I am trying to use the quick connect on the front of my 2014 Forest River Cherokee 294BH with a regular gas grill, but the hoses I find all only go to a portable grill. Is there an adapter that I can use on the end of the hose to make it so the full size gas grill can plug into hose end and then to the portable end or do I need to buy a propane tank for the grill? Let me know please. Thank you.

Rob

Old 09-29-2014, 03:11 PM   #2

you will have to take the regulator and hose off the grill and install a male quick connect fitting onto the grill.you may have to get other fittings to adapt the fitting to where the regulator and hose were attached to the grill.

09grizzly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 03:16 PM   #3

I know I will need more fittings the question was what fitting do I need to go from the female hose on the grill to the male end of the hose off the hose connected to the RV? The grill hose looks like it will only connect to a full size propane tank and the connecter off the hose from RV is far too small for that.

Rob
Old 09-29-2014, 03:28 PM   #4
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwmission View Post
I know I will need more fittings the question was what fitting do I need to go from the female hose on the grill to the male end of the hose off the hose connected to the RV? The grill hose looks like it will only connect to a full size propane tank and the connecter off the hose from RV is far too small for that.

Rob
You need to take the hose off the grill completely and do away with it. At the grill end of the hose, there will most likely be a pipe or flare fitting. Attach a male end quick connect, and then you can use your hose that came with your unit or order a longer one. I have quick connects at the front and back of my 5er. The rear is regulated through the rigs regulator, the front is a high pressure line tee'd off the tank to run a gas firepit. I order my fittings and hoses from BBQ Pits by Tejas | Barbecue Pit Smoker | Barbecue Grill | Houston Texas tradition of wood smokers
Old 09-29-2014, 03:34 PM   #5

Thank you so much!
Old 09-29-2014, 03:41 PM   #6

rw, goggle Tejas smokers. It's a website for everything BBQ/grill/propane connections. I got everything I needed to get hooked up to RV.
Old 09-29-2014, 05:28 PM   #7
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

One thing you might get also is another female quick connect like the one you have on your camper. I found that not all of the quick connects are compatible with each other, although they should be. I had to change mine out

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Tags
gas